Packing his stuff up

Old 09-07-2014, 11:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Packing his stuff up

I have got to get his stuff packed up bc it's kills me to look at it. I just can't seem to do it. It's no big deal. I already pulled all the clothes out of the closet all I have to do is put it all in bags and store it as out of the way as possible. Why can't I just DO IT??? I literally sat in my room looking at the pile on the floor. Not crying not really sad not really feeling anything. Is it just that it will be one step closer to final? Am I in Some kind of shock? I kicked him out a week ago.

I guess with as bad as it has been I feel like this should be easy. It's not.
Old 09-07-2014, 11:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

mischal1.....get a friend to do it for you...while you stand close by (of course).

It won't feel good to do it....but someone else won't have the same heartbreak that you feel about it.

You will feel better when it is out of your sight.

dandylion
Old 09-07-2014, 12:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Mischa this is such a difficult time you're going through so many emotions sometimes it can just leave you numb. Keep strong and as dandylion suggested maybe get a friend to help.
Old 09-07-2014, 01:21 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I remember this moment.

Everything became real.
Old 09-07-2014, 01:44 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Since I am alone here except my son I just put on my big girl panties and did it. All that's left is to put it somewhere. Mourning the death of his well calculated con of my perfect relationship and happiness in it and accepting the reality he is alcoholic and narcissist and will never feel emotion for me or anyone else.

In the end I will recover and he will remain cold heartless and ultimately alone.
Old 09-07-2014, 01:54 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

If there is no rush, do it when you are ready, or as suggested have someone else do it for you or just be there for you. Each person handles it differently.
Old 09-07-2014, 03:35 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Alright!! Way to go mischa!

When I left my ex almost a year and a half ago, it was really, really hard...but i knew, inside the deepest part of myself, that it was time. The pain will get farther and farther away. it will be replaced with the things in life that make YOU feel like you again. You will begin living rather than surviving.