Celebrate Recovery Question

Old 09-05-2014, 05:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Celebrate Recovery Question

Is CR similar to Al-Anon in that it's for the family affected by addiction? Or is it for the addict? Or both?
Old 09-05-2014, 06:26 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

CR is for both. Meetings like Alanon for family and meetings like AA for the alcoholics.
Old 09-05-2014, 06:33 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I am leadership in CR. It is definitely for both. There is usually a meal provided if you are interested (ours is before, some are after). Then there is a large group, after that you divide into small groups. Men w/men, women w/women. There are usually various small groups, Codependency, Chemical Dependency, and we have one called Everything Under the Sun.

It's set up a lot like Alanon would be I believe. Some CR's also have groups for children and teens. They are age appropriate for their ages.

I hope you try it out, CR saved me through some of my darkest days. I have met lifelong friends there.
Old 09-05-2014, 08:58 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Engineer Things; LOVE People

Have never done CR, but I hear GREAT things about it.

Some folks at the Rehab, where I help on Family Day, have done CR and speak very well of it, and two new-ish women I was talking to after an Alanon newcomer's meeting last week, were telling about theirs.

They did all the CR stuff and thought it was great, and now are shifting to Alanon because (they said) CR is very broad. So to dig deep in the addiction and family of origin stuff, they figured Alanon would be a deeper, better fit, on top of their CR.

So yeah, anything is better than nothing, and I have not heard or seen much bad on any program.

So. You are cleared for launch and take-off. Go with God. So Just Go.
Old 09-05-2014, 09:52 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you That's helpful!
Old 09-05-2014, 10:30 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
torquemax777

I attended CR a few times years ago with my AH. We both really liked it; I especially liked it because of how it covered so many addictions and provided help to not only alcoholics, but co-dependents as well. Not only that, the one I went to even went as far as to cover things like eating disorders. My husband and I both especially appreciated that it was definitely more Christian focused than AA. I would go now if there was one available in this town that we moved to, but I can't afford to drive 100 miles to the nearest one.