7 months out....things are looking good.

Old 09-02-2014, 05:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thumbs up 7 months out....things are looking good.

It's been ages since my last post. I think I was just about to, or maybe just had left my ex ABF.

I moved in with my dad at the end of January, after my best friend reached out to my sister for help with my situation. We had an intervention of sorts. My sister helped me tell my dad the reality of my situation, and I packed up and left. It was a long bitter winter, and a late spring, and wet summer. I was pretty bored/lonely.

I saw my ex a few times after we split. I felt sad and hoped someday....Maybe... And all of that crap. Luckily there was a stronger voice in my head saying "nooooo! Don't do it.... Move forward, not back." So I stuck it out and didn't go back . I passed my anatomy/physiology class, worked, and went home to my dad's.

I watched my Ex's daughter one night where he is staying, and spent the night. It was awful. He was all ****** up, and I was pissed. He told me the next day that he wasn't drunk, just had taken some vicodin. He didn't make any sense, I may has well have been drunk. last time i saw him, was to get my shoes and some money he owed me for the phone bill. That was in June sometime.

Then....I went to visit my sister the last weekend in July and met The man of my dreams. This guy couldn't be more opposite. He's my brother in laws best friend, and I had met him a few times before. He came up to visit me 2 weeks later, then I went to see him, and just this last weekend he came up and met my parents.
I feel like I've been struck by lightning. My plans have changed and after this semester, I will be transferring my CNA license to another state, and finishing school there. I can't believe how stuck I felt only 7 months ago.

To anyone reading this who is feeling stuck: get out! Your life WILL be better. I don't know how many times I read that and thought it just wasn't possible for me. It is.
Old 09-02-2014, 07:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm so glad to hear things are going well for you!!! And you know that thing they say in Al-Anon, "More will be revealed"? Yeah. I guess you saw that first-hand when you babysat his daughter, huh? I'm glad you got out. I'm glad you got through the winter and summer OK. And I'm glad you've met someone who makes you happy.

And I hope you promise yourself (like I have) to never, ever, ever again take sh*t from a man. I've told my kid that's our family motto from now on: Do no harm but take no sh*t.

Lots of hugs -- and good luck!!!