Sick & tired

Old 08-31-2014, 06:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sick & tired

I really am sick and tired today! Literally!! Woke up with an awful sore throat, fever, aches, etc and slept awful last night. Today was one of those days that I really wished my AH was here. He would have told me to stay in bed and taken care of the kids for me.

I thought this morning my HP was trying to tell me something, like maybe I was too hasty to kick AH out. But by the end of the day I turned that thought around and thought that it was my HP's way of helping me realize how strong I can be.

Thankfully the kids were good and I got to rest a bit. They got to play the wii and watch videos all day so they were happy! But I was still very emotional (because I was sick & tired) and cried because I miss AH (which helps take care of a stuffy/clogged nose I discovered, lol)

AH called tonight too and apologized for how upset he was over the bill and will call them on tues. to get it taken care of. He went to his meeting last night @ where he went for rehab, which I was glad to here. Really though that bill was going to give him a reason to drink yesterday. He even went shopping today for PB, bread and Honey! That is a huge deal as he hates going to grocery stores. He is also giving up the Fantasy football draft tomorrow to go to the AA meeting @ his sponsors. Another huge thing! He felt he isn't ready for hanging out @ a draft for 4 hrs while most of them drink. He told me he is trying and I believe him (for now.) I read some of the newcomers threads to get a better idea of how big of a struggle A's have.

Between feeling good about our conversation and lacking sleep I should sleep great tonight! Sooo happy that I am off tomorrow so we can sleep in. Maybe the kids and I can actually get out of the house if I am up to it.
Old 08-31-2014, 08:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You know, it's fine for the kids to entertain themselves on a day like that. And it's good that they learn that you, too, are human, and that you need to take care of yourself.

Onwards and upwards!
Old 08-31-2014, 09:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Location: My mind wanders a lot, but I try to stay in the present.
Originally Posted by KidsR#1 View Post
But I was still very emotional (because I was sick & tired) and cried because I miss AH (which helps take care of a stuffy/clogged nose I discovered, lol)
Crying hels a clogged nose? Ok. Next time I get a cold I'll put myself on a strict diet of chicken soup and sad movies. Thanks!

Hope you feel better soon.
Old 08-31-2014, 09:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Do not doubt yourself, tomorrow will be a better day. Stick it out. I somewhat relate.
Old 09-01-2014, 09:24 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Cry Cry Cry and then tell yourself you are a strong beautiful woman who is going to get through this challenging experience.