She's gone

Old 08-29-2014, 01:27 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Oh my heart goes out to you, I'll pray for you and your family. It helps to ask God for help at a time like this, he/she comes through. A big hug.
Old 08-29-2014, 04:19 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Woodman,

My heart goes out to you along with my prayers. I went through almost the same thing a little over a year ago. What gave me strength to cope was our kids, my family and my friends. My kids gave me someone to care for and my friends and family cared for me so please lean on them. Also the thought that she wasn't suffering anymore and had found the peace in the afterlife that she could never find in life.
Old 08-29-2014, 04:23 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Be blessed, Woodman. I'm so sorry this happened to you and your family. I hope something beautiful grows out of this ugliness. Be blessed.
Old 08-29-2014, 04:43 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Oh Woodman. My heart is breaking for you. You've fought and thought so long and so hard. I am so sorry it had to end like this. Lots of love and prayers for you.
Old 08-29-2014, 05:08 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Woodman - I have no words to say but you have been on my mind today. Hope the best for you and your family.
Old 08-29-2014, 06:23 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

((Woodman)) - I'm so very sorry for your loss. You, your children, your wife and all who loved her are in my prayers.

Though all the posts here have been full of support, it was MG's post that caught my eye. Like she, I have lost a loved one to addiction....something that I was previously addicted to but am in recovery.

She was the second mom I'd lost, and I had to look to others who promised me I would get through it.

She was far too young to die, but your post reminds me of why I stay in recovery. Not that that helps, any, but there are many here who have had a similar loss, many people who are reading and thinking about what the true bottom is, and everyone of us is supporting you and your kids.

We can't be there in person, but believe me, the power of SR support is quite amazing.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 08-29-2014, 06:34 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

So sad and sorry for you and your family. Love and prayers.
Old 08-29-2014, 06:43 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Your post made me tearful. I am so sorry.
Old 08-29-2014, 06:57 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Administrator

Woodman, My heart hurts for you; I'm so sorry for your loss. I understand the pain and can only say that in time, it will ease - it truly does take time, so be very kind to yourself. If you are like me, in the dark hours before morning you may start thinking could I have done things differently. Please, please know that you absolutely did the best you could and you could not do anything to save her. I'm so very sorry. Keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 08-29-2014, 07:04 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

So sorry to hear this. I send you hugs and love.
Old 08-29-2014, 07:10 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  
Engineer Things; LOVE People

She is beyond the pain, now.

(((((Woodman and kids)))))
Old 08-29-2014, 07:45 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Location: My mind wanders a lot, but I try to stay in the present.
I'm so very, very sorry Woodman. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 08-30-2014, 01:38 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Dear Woodman,

My heart goes out to you.

As MorningGlory said, it's unbearable now, but you will be ok. It will take time, though. Grief is hard. Really really hard...but you can get through this....tiny steps, keep breathing, keep reading here.....

May you have the exact support you need when you need it. I believe you will. Keep breathing, keep crying, and then..breathe again. --it comes in waves.

Old 08-30-2014, 01:58 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Dear Woodman

I am so very sorry for your loss and your children losing their mother. I can only imagine how painful this must be for you.

May the Lord put his arms around all of you and comfort you during this time of grief. I will keep you in my prayers.
Old 08-30-2014, 03:31 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

I have nothing to say that others have not: I am so sorry. I pray you and your children find peace.
Old 08-30-2014, 08:17 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Thank you ALL so much for the hugs, love, encouragement. This truly is an amazing forum, and to get the support from all of you who know this disease really lifts me up.

We had the funeral today-it was beautiful-a fitting tribute to a beautiful lady, inside and out. I choose to block out the bad times over the last 5years and remember her as I knew she was- kind, selfless, loving and devoted mother and wife.

Now a new chapter of my life begins, with my wife shining brightly through my kids. We'll be ok.
Old 08-30-2014, 08:50 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

When my ex passed last year, I found our local hospice to be a great resource. They offered a special grief counseling program for children who have suffered a loss. It really helped my 12 yo son. It was offered free to anyone who needed it, regardless of whether the loved one had been a hospice patient.
Hugs to you and your kids. Glad to hear it was a lovely and fitting service and that your wife is finally at peace. Thank you for the update.
Old 08-31-2014, 09:43 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

(((((((Woodman and family))))))) lots more prayers and hugs. People can be and are so much more than whatever disease they may have. May you and your kids continue to blossom and grow.
Old 08-31-2014, 09:49 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

It sounds like a lovely tribute to your beautiful bride.

Thinking of you and your family.
Old 08-31-2014, 10:28 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

I am very sorry for your family's loss.
Wishing peace and comfort to you and your children-

BG