Crossing Over

Old 08-28-2014, 05:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Crossing Over

Hi, I normally post on the newcomers page because I'm an alcoholic. But tonight I wanted, actually NEED help with my child. She's addicted to heroine. Her addiction is so bad it consumes every moment she's wake. I watch her pass out and forget and scheme and lie and do unimaginable things to herself. Of course I know she's seen me do the same. And here we are. Real life. It's the most horrible thing to have to actually live with. My heart is broken. Did I cause this? Can I change her? The anxiety that something can happen to her is so unbearable and the fact that I didn't see the signs, as I was to into my own party, has me ready for a heart attack. But it wanted to ask as a mother, what can I do? I'm in tears needing help. I just want my girl back.
Old 08-28-2014, 06:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Ugh I just called the squad. She's passed out on the bathroom floor. She's yelling at me. She needs help.
Old 08-28-2014, 06:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I don't have any advise, but others should be along soon. Thought I would give your thread a "bump".

Hugs to you.
Old 08-28-2014, 06:44 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Waterfalls-

Gently in the throes of your addiction could anyone have done anything to stop you, except you?

As a loved one that is the hardest thing for me to wrap my arm around....I can't make it better for a person and make them stop. It is the truth though.

I found a lot of help in Al-anon (Nar-Anon is another option).

I am so sorry for your pain tonight. Please know that I am sending warm thoughts your way (and to your daughter).

Please remember that falling into your own addiction is not goig to help the situation right now, please take care of you.
Old 08-28-2014, 07:00 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks. The squad left and she left walking. I can't stand this life. I know it's all my fault. Lord help us.
Old 08-28-2014, 07:14 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

How old is your daughter?
Old 08-28-2014, 07:19 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

She's 26
Old 08-28-2014, 07:34 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

She sounds like she's in really deep... Well I think you have to let it take it's course... It's very hard to sit back and watch a train crash. My advice... I almost killed myself with depression watching my ex lose it to addiction, worried sick.. But he was so in control and could stop when he felt like it.. Please know that she can stop when she feels like it.. But she doesn't want to ... What can you do.. Nothing really but let nature take it's course and let the process of addiction do it's thing and hope she hits rock bottom soon so she can change .. I don't think you are to blame.. Everyone has a choice and it's her choice to abuse drugs, sounds like she likes it a lot and is hooked.. Why would she want to stop if it gives her such a high... She will one day when she can't stand it anymore.. All types of addictions are selfish.. Don't be hard on yourself.... This is her choice. I could have become a drug addict with my husband yes I saw him addicted and yes I abused drugs hardcore but it was my choice to not continue.. Please don't forget she has a choice!!
Old 08-28-2014, 07:38 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Waterfalls2014 View Post
Thanks. The squad left and she left walking. I can't stand this life. I know it's all my fault. Lord help us.
You didn't cause it, you can't cure it, you can't control it.
Can you get to an Alanon meeting tomorrow? I know that in my home group there are quite a few parents dealing with similar situations. They will have lots of real life wisdom and just general support to offer.
You can't save her from this, but you can take care of yourself.
Old 08-28-2014, 08:51 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Waterfalls - I am so sorry you are having to witness your daughter self destruct. There is nothing worse that watching someone you love fall into addiction. Sadly there is little to nothing you can do to make her stop. Alanon or naranon can be of tremendous help. Also the support here is invaluable. She will have to find her own path in life. I tried every angle with my XAW. Nothing worked and I ended up having a nervous breakdown. I had to learn and force myself to detach emotionally. Use every resource you can find to take care of yourself. Everyone know what they are doing and we all have choices. If she sees her choices are making her life worse not better she has a chance of getting better. If she is enabled and does not feel the pain of her choices she is more likely to continue the current direction. Lead by example and get as healthy as you can be for yourself. I hope you find some peace.
Old 08-28-2014, 09:46 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I like what iSPAZ said in that if your daughter sees that her choices are making her life worse, then she has a chance of getting better. This is what I am hoping for my husband. I am a very spiritual person and pray on a daily basis, that is what helps me when I have pain.
Old 08-29-2014, 06:11 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thank you all. I haven't seen or heard from her today. I've reached out a few times but have got no response. She's in deep for sure. I have never thought about going to Alanon. Thank you for the tips.
Old 08-30-2014, 02:49 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Don't be hard on yourself.. She mostly likely will return and act like nothing's happened to worry you or cause you distress.. I am sorry you are going through this. Please keep us posted if you feel scared or confused Xxxx