Codependent No More Workbook?

Old 08-26-2014, 09:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Codependent No More Workbook?

I've just finished reading both 'Codependent No More' and Empowered Recovery's 'Alcoholic Relationship Survival Guide'. All I can say is WOW! What an eye opener! I didn't think I fit into the codependent category, based on descriptions I'd read on various sites (including here). I was WRONG… I am as codependent as they come! Yikes! Has anyone worked through the 'Codependent No More' workbook? Did you find value in it? I'm considering that as my next step toward fixing ME!
Old 08-26-2014, 11:31 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I have worked through it several times, once in early recovery and then each year as part of working through my steps again also. Melody Beattie wrote it so clearly and in such a way that there is no "right or wrong", just where I am each time I work through it.

I find that doing this each year helps me reinforce my recovery and also helps me see my "weak" area. That would the the questions that I struggle with each time, or the step that I find illusive.

Each year I am in a different place, emotionally and spiritually, and much healthier than when this all began. But part of staying healthy, for me, is to continually keep my program "fresh" by working steps and questions as I go.

Try that yourself, keep track of your answers today and then compare where you are a year from now. I am betting that you will see how very far you have come and clearly recognize any areas that still need work.

Thanks for sharing this today, I need to make a plan and get out my book and do some work.

Hugs