Why oh why so i feel guilty

Old 08-24-2014, 04:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I feel guilty, now that I have time to regain my sanity and heal from the emotional holocaust and am protected by the police .. I feel bad for him!! Jesus Christ why can't I just be happy. I feel guilty that I called the police on someone I loved who treated me like **** and "came around" when I finally found some strength to move on. I'm the one who is emotionally distraught about him not the other way around, meanwhile I am sure his off with many randoms pretending he didn't even have a past life and doesn't remember much about me. Grrr why do I feel compassion .. God I hate what addicted loved ones do to your sanity. I have a love hate relationship with the addict,
Old 08-24-2014, 04:42 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Bunnies!

You know what? You're recognizing all of this in yourself, and that's important. It's what you do with the information that matters most. You'll get through this. It didn't get to this point overnight, so you're not going to heal overnight. (((Hugs)))
Old 08-24-2014, 04:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Killerinstinct....good for you , in taking moves that take courage. that nasty guilt creeps in, but it will pass.
I have found myself feeling sorrier for the guilty person than he feels for his self.

good luck to you and keep moving forward. its not easy, but it will become easier.
Old 08-24-2014, 05:48 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi killerinstinct,
I just happened to come on here today; I haven't been on here in a really long time, but was just thinking today about my relationship with an addict...I completely relate to where you are. I felt guilty anytime I tried to cut ties with my ex-boyfriend. I was a nervous wreck wondering if he was going to get himself arrested or killed or who knows what , but I finally realized 2 very important things. 1) when I was the one suffering and feeling horrible he was off drinking or who knows what, and 2) he was getting into that kind of trouble and abusing alcohol even when I was in his life . It's much easier said than done and obviously I don't know the whole story but just know that it does get easier and you have to remind yourself that you don't owe him anything