Day 6 of no contact & struggling

Old 08-14-2014, 09:15 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Butterfly.....I suggest not giving him the option to come into the house or not. One way would be to tell your daughter that you are not having contact with him and ask her to be considerate enough to be ready and waiting when he arrives...and going outside to meet him. Or even....to meet him somewhere, away from the house.
If you know the time frame of when he will pick her up---arrange to be out of the neighborhood during that time.

If you know that you WON'T see him.....it will be a little easier. It is also keeping your power in your own hands rather than just responding to him.

dandylion
Old 08-14-2014, 12:32 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Baby Steps

Thanks. He does just wait outside but he sits directly opposite the house, I think it's so he can see me or maybe that's what I I hope!! when I leave the kids out the door, he used to park down the street a bit and would have seen me at the door and I him so I started standing back so I couldn't see him now he sits directly in front of the house. But when he calls to collect our son I don't go to the door now I give him a kiss and a hug in the kitchen and say goodbye there and I keep my blinds closed as you can see straight through my living room into my kitchen! He arrived early tonight and I walked into the hall he waved but I didn't wave back and went on up the stairs!! But it is only once a week for about an hr or 1 1/2 hrs if he's lucky!!

My daughter meets him somewhere as she can drive.

I just feel so sad today and I had a good cry when DS was out of the house now I'm exhausted. I won't contact him of that I am determined but I will have to see him next week as it's DS exam results and we have to go to the school and I can't tell him to stay away even though he doesn't deserve to be involved in any celebrations if he does well although if he doesn't he needs to deal with that given he walked out during DS revision 2 months before his exams!! Not that I think he would feel any guilt as he felt he was still supporting him during the 20 minute car journey to school each morning at 7.30am big support!!!!