Why wont people believe me?

Old 08-12-2014, 07:20 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

I remember when my therapist told me that I was being abused.....*I* was the one that didn't believe it. "Oh no, he is not abusive, it's just the drugs."

It took a me a while to grasp the cycle of abuse that I was living in. Now, that's some real denial. I was too busy being compassionate, forgiving and understanding.
Old 08-13-2014, 09:38 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I believe you as well.
Old 08-13-2014, 09:58 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
I AM CANADIAN

oooh man...so sorry that you DONT have support & validation...
thats the naive and disconnected people are...and well, people dont have time for other peoples "crying wolf"...this is society...(its just like a death, people dont know how to handle it....

ITS TO Realistic! we leave in judgement in this world

i hope you have some sort of a program to help YOU...
(((hugs)))
Old 08-13-2014, 10:20 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I believe you. And lucky you, at least you have a good lawyer. They don't always - or often - believe us, either.

Over time, you can put aside the issue of whether people do or do not believe. Tons of people in my old life believe my xah - including tons of 'politically cooect, spiritually enlightened' enabling idiots. So you let go of those people and make new friends or make stronger connections with people in your life who get it.

People don't think they will ever know the truth and they often choose to align themselves with whatever view is most convenient for them.

Allowing horrible As to continue to wreak havoc in the world.

I wish it weren't so. Especially for the children.
Old 08-13-2014, 10:20 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

No one knows what goes on behind closed doors. Protecting yourself and your son should be your highest priority regardless of anyone else's misguided opinion. Your lawyer has the facts and is working in your best interest. Hang in there. Praying for strength and serenity for you as you endure this battle. You are not alone.
Old 08-13-2014, 01:41 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

If you haven't read it, English Garden wrote an eloquent post on "What Abuse Is" that is now a sticky for the Friends and Families of Alcoholics forum. I posted my story there, and like you, I was badly abused and had no idea that what I was living through was harming me so badly.

I believe you, and my heart goes out to you. Now is the time to trust others who are seeing your life through a realistic lens. Read about gaslighting and Stockholm syndrome and verbal abuse and emotional abuse. You'll see yourself there. If you think your husband may be a narcissist, and many abusers are, google Sam Vakin and listen to his on-line videos. He IS a narcissist, a brilliant one at that, and he tells it like it is from a narcissist's point of view.

Take care, come here often, we're here with and for you.

ShootingStar1