SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Alcoholics (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/)
-   -   What do you do well? OT (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/341600-what-do-you-do-well-ot.html)

WendyOR 08-10-2014 10:33 AM

What do you do well? OT

I think that sometimes when we get caught up in so much drama in our lives, and we are losing a sense of self, we begin to forget the things we are good at... I am trying to remember those things to fill my head, heart and my own bucket.

For me....
1. My passion is cooking and baking... and I am really good at it...
2. I used to blog, and loved it. I miss blogging somewhat...
3. I am good at mixed media, and card making... scrapbooking.
4. I am a good mommy... I love my babies.
5. I am a good grammy to my little munchkin...
6. I am good at giving my time (the little I have) to volunteer work.

I guess I just wanted to focus on some good in life, things I need to fill my bucket today.

iamthird 08-10-2014 10:39 AM

I am good at giving. Just need to give to the right people.

NWGRITS 08-10-2014 10:59 AM

I'm a good cook and a decent baker. I make all our baked goods from scratch.
I love to sew. I just got the fabric yesterday to make DD6 an Elsa costume for Halloween.
I'm a pretty good writer and proofreader. I work for Crowdsource and probably earn more money there than at my regular part-time job.

WendyOR 08-10-2014 11:03 AM

I am a giver too.... to a fault is my problem.

WendyOR 08-10-2014 11:05 AM

What is she going to be for Halloween? One of my favorite holidays! Also the day I was born. Hence the name Wendy... my comedic parents named me after Wendy the Witch. At least she is a friendly witch. I have that going for me I suppose!!!

NWGRITS 08-10-2014 11:10 AM

She's going to be Queen Elsa from Frozen. DD1-going-on-16 is going to be the Itsy Bitsy Spider. Her birthday is 10/29 and that's her party theme. It's her favorite song. DS9 wants a Tron costume. That's dad's territory. I can sew, but EM wire and all that is all dad.

CodeJob 08-10-2014 11:16 AM

I'm insightful. I write well. I'm Not afraid to dig into any situation. I show up. I'm willing to try new things as it curbs my perfectionism and continually gives me a reason to laugh at myself.

Combakkid 08-10-2014 11:32 AM

I am good at taking care of my kiddos, I love gardening, and love doing crafting and sewing. I am good at giving, but have pulled back from that recently in light of all the craziness I have going on.

happybeingme 08-10-2014 11:43 AM

First I need to ask NWGrits is DS9 his age or birth position?

I am good at baking cookies. I love baking cookies
I am a wonderful auntie
I paint well. Rooms not pictures
I garden well
Groom my dogs ( yes I shave them)
Save money shopping

Jeez trying to figure out what I do well is tough

PinkCloudsCharley 08-10-2014 12:44 PM

This is a great topic. I spend so much time thinking about what i suck at it's hard to think about what I'm good at.
K, here it goes

I'm good at sewing, quilting, crocheting.
I'm a good mommy (my kiddos make it easy)
I'm good at my job, i am quite smart when I'm there
I am good at forgiving
I have a good heart.

Tansy 08-10-2014 01:04 PM

I'm good at quilting
Embroidery
baking
I play 3 musical instruments
I'm loving
I look after my kids

Butterfly 08-10-2014 01:54 PM

I'm a good mum (I hope lol)
I'm good at baking
I'm good at my job
I'm a good friend

SeriousKarma 08-10-2014 02:52 PM

I sing torch songs really really well
I can design, and make cool costumes
I have a fantastic sense of humor
I'm a world class eater
I take awesome naps
cats adore me
I'm a loyal friend
an amazing daughter
a fantastic sister
and pretty darn good mom

NWGRITS 08-10-2014 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by happybeingme (Post 4832599)
First I need to ask NWGrits is DS9 his age or birth position?

He's 9 years old (just turned on Friday). In birth order he's #2 of 5. I told Mr. Grits that if we had 5 more we could have the future starting line-up for the Red Sox, including a designated hitter. He wasn't amused. :(

DragonInTheSky 08-10-2014 03:24 PM

I'm a gifted musician and singer. (That sounds kind of stuck up, but it's the truth).
I'm artistic.
I have a green thumb.
I'm a good cook.
I'm great with children and animals.
I have a good heart and a deep soul.

FireSprite 08-10-2014 03:40 PM

I am really good at interpreting - not language-wise but in knowing how to communicate with different people. Especially when I know a person really well - it helps me to present the information in a way that they will better understand or to take the info & change the delivery method so that it is received with the same intent is was delivered with.

In personal relationships this has always come kind of naturally because those are longer term relationships & I obviously get to know my friends & family more intimately.... but in dealing with client (& even vendor/marketing) relations this empathy has become super handy & appreciated by my boss. I have a great way of being able to observe her meetings & notice when her audience is missing the message, back the conversation up & clarify the points with a different approach to make sure that we have fewer miscommunications & more reasonable expectations on both sides of the client/service relationship. Sometimes it's a matter of just having different ways of communicating & sometimes it's affected by their emotional grid that day. I've learned to trust this part of my "gut instincts". :)

fourmaggie 08-10-2014 04:40 PM

sing! not gooood at it, but love too!! lol

Stung 08-10-2014 06:09 PM

I'm good at organizing.
I'm a good gardener.
I'm really good at interior design.
I'm great with investing and trading.
And I'm an awesome mom.

POAndrea 08-11-2014 07:45 AM

I'm a good cook and hostess.
I'm a good budgeter. (Our chief says I can squeeze a nickel and make the buffalo sh!t.)

hopeful4 08-11-2014 07:52 AM

I am a good communicator.

I am good with kids, hence I am a good mother and a good Sunday School teacher. I also have a whole batch of "extra" teenage girls I consider my own b/c they feel able to talk to me, so they spend a lot of time at my house. I like being a mom to many LOL!

I am good with animals and have a knack for picking up the needy. Got a baby kitten who was stranded by it's momma at my house right now LOL.

I am friendly and feel I have genuine empathy for others.