Almost a year

Old 08-08-2014, 07:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Almost a year

Hello,

Yesterday I came to realize that it's going to be a year since XABF kicked my son and I out so he can work on himself to get sober. I've dealt with so much through out this process. I've learned a lot about myself as well. But honestly I've just feel like it was a waste of time. I wasted my time waiting for someone to change and act like an adult. I've waited for someone to step up and help out with his son. It was a waste of time and just caused me more pain.

This person still has not changed. Still drinks and is selfish. This person thinks just because I'll be getting a check once a month and sees his son for 6 hours a week is all he needs to do.

I know I'm suppose to act like an adult and be nice to him for our son but screw that. I just need to ignore him and treat him like he doesn't exist.

Ignoring him the other day felt so good. He told me bye and i just got in my car. He got upset and said I should acknowledge him. I think I got like 4 emails about acknowledging him but didn't respond. In my head I said really you're going to pick a fight for not telling you bye.

I just needed to vent. Thanks for listening.
Old 08-08-2014, 07:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sounds like you've made way more progress than he has. I know it's sad for your son. There's nothing left between me and my ex, but I still wish he'd get his act together for our son's sake.
Hugs Christina. And I lol'ed at that last part. 4 emails about not acknowledging him. Geez. Did you get 16 emails about not acknowledging his emails?
Old 08-08-2014, 08:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

christinaStar10.....I think there is a lot of truth to the saying: "The opposite of love is not hate...it is indifference".

It sounds like you are progressing along that continuiem. It took me a while to get there, but, I finally did.

That was a long time ago, for me...but it still feels so good....when I think about him....which is almost NEVER......
It is better for the kids, that way, also.....

dandylion
Old 08-08-2014, 08:04 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ladyscribbler View Post
Hugs Christina. And I lol'ed at that last part. 4 emails about not acknowledging him. Geez. Did you get 16 emails about not acknowledging his emails?
I was expecting more emails but he only sent 4. Lol He was like can you please acknowledge me when I say bye to you. Then he accused me of cutting him out of our son's life and how he didn't understand how I can do that. Just the usual crazy talk.
Old 08-08-2014, 10:15 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

So I get another email now accusing me of something he won't tell me about. Lol He said I should know what he's talking about. Which I have no clue. He told me to stop pretending to be the victim and now he's wanting no contact from me.

He's definitely trying to pick a fight.
Old 08-09-2014, 06:21 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Look how far you have grown and detached. I am proud of you Xtina.

Hope your little fellow is doing well and he is getting hooked into good resources!
Old 08-09-2014, 08:22 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CodeJob View Post
Look how far you have grown and detached. I am proud of you Xtina.

Hope your little fellow is doing well and he is getting hooked into good resources!
Thank you Codejob! It's been a long road for me and I still have a long way to go.

He is doing well and definitely started everything that he will be needing.