It really does work

Old 08-02-2014, 01:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

It really does work

I have really been practicing the detachment part of dealing with my AH and I honestly didn't think it was making any real difference until he came home from work last night, sat down to watch a movie with me and randomly and while sober asked why I was so distant all of a sudden. I didn't take the bait from him and changed the subject and continued on. It may be a small step for me, but it is a step forward none the less. I also realized this morning as he had started drinking after our conversation (which would have happened if I had engaged or not) and was banging things around in the kitchen so I ran downstairs to see who I could defuse whatever he was getting angry about then stopped and realized I was only trying to defuse things to not give me an excuse to leave. The worse thing that will happen if things escalate is that I will be forced to put plan B into action and that won't be as bad as it seemed in my head. My kids and I would be ok. I just might be progressing after all!
Old 08-02-2014, 01:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Pia

That is wonderful news. Take it one day at at time!!!! You are making wonderful progress.
Old 08-02-2014, 01:46 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good for you! Detachment is handy dandy tool! Also good at work!