STBXAH Missing!

Old 08-05-2014, 07:18 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  

My heart goes out to you and your girls.
Old 08-05-2014, 07:43 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  

I am so very sorry to hear of such a tragedy. My heart breaks for you, and your children. My heart hurts or his family and anyone who loved him. This disease is so selfish and changes people afflicted with it. It is not only damaging to those afflicted with it, but those of us that love them. It hurts knowing that their thoughts are so despairing, and the guilt we so often hear that goes along with their thought processes. I send you my prayers and my thoughts....
Old 08-05-2014, 08:11 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  

So sorry for your loss. Sending prayers today for you and your family.
Old 08-05-2014, 08:12 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  

I am so so sorry to hear about your tragic loss. How devastating for you and your girls. None of us ever envision the destruction alcohol has on our loved ones. Know that you did NOTHING to cause this. You protected yourself and your children the best you knew how with the circumstances you were given. His actions are all his. He is responsible for this outcome. You didn't abandon him, he abandoned you and your girls. He chose this path.

That being said it doesnt make your loss any less painful. I pray you have strength and peace in your grieving process. Be good to yourself and your girls. Try to make your daughters birthday a special one. She deserves it. In your heart, know that he is no longer suffering. He is no longer battling this horrible disease inside himself. He is at peace now. Many hugs and prayers coming your way.
Old 08-05-2014, 08:12 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry this has ended this way. My heart breaks for you and your children. Sending lots of prayers up for all of you.
Old 08-05-2014, 08:53 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  

I'm sorry- I feel awful for you and your girls. Happy Birthday to your daughter, what a wonderful mom for allowing her a birthday. Prayers for you and the girls.
Old 08-05-2014, 09:14 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Sending hugs and wishing you peace and continued strength. I am so sorry.
Old 08-05-2014, 09:26 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  

This is so tragic, and something that I'm sure so many of us fear! I'm very sorry this has happened to your family.

Sending you and your girls lots of peace, love, and healing.
Old 08-05-2014, 09:28 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  

I am so very sorry it came to this. So sorry for your family's loss.

My father died at age 41 - on my 16th birthday. He was a drinker and died of a heart attack while mowing the lawn.

I know you will handle this in the best way for you and your family. There is no right or wrong way - it's just difficult. There is nothing you could have done to prevent this.
Old 08-05-2014, 09:38 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  

I am so very sorry and wish much peace and healing for you, your children, and your husband's family. He must have been in immeasurable pain to do something like this, and there is nothing you could have done to create a different outcome.

Sending much love and hugs your way.

Old 08-05-2014, 10:05 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  

I am so sorry for your loss. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. May God continue to give you the strength and courage you need to move forward. You are a wonderful mother and put your children first. I trust and know you will get through this One Day at a Time... I am here for you - we all are xoxoxoxo
Old 08-05-2014, 10:18 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Alcoholism is a tragedy....this is what it does. So very very sorry, iwh.
My Dad drank himself to death in the end. He was 76. There wasn't a thing I could do to change his determination. Same for you, you did everything a loving wife could do.

I am so sad this happened, and for the rough road ahead.
Old 08-05-2014, 10:20 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  

I'm so very sorry. Just sending you and your family prayers of strength and peace. (((HUGS)))
Old 08-05-2014, 10:45 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry for your loss. Your family is in my prayers. My husband disappeared yesterday. At one point I was crying and my 10 year old said "Mom if dad died it wouldn't be so bad. Maybe then he could be happy and he wouldn't have to drink."

May you all find peace.
Old 08-05-2014, 10:53 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  

No words I say can make the pain any less, but I wanted you to know that you and your girls will be in my prayers. I'm so very sorry for your loss. And, yes, alcoholism sucks!
Old 08-05-2014, 10:56 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  

My deepest sympathies to you and your family. I wish i had better words, but I want you to know from my heart that I will pray for your family to find some peace during this devastating time.

God bless you... Lyn
Old 08-05-2014, 10:56 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Im sorry, heartbreaking. Sending you my condolences
Old 08-05-2014, 11:07 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  

I am so sorry for your loss. It is a tragic reality of where alcoholism and addiction can take a person.

Hold your children close. There are no words to sooth your pain. I know the bond you shared having children cannot be broken even in death. He is and will always be their father. You will see him in them. You will always get to hold him as long as you hold them.

You may never be able to understand but someday you will find peace. Take care of yourself and your children.
Old 08-05-2014, 01:13 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  

I am so sorry for your loss. I wish there was something I could do or say to take away even a little bit of the pain you and your family are going through. Hugs to you and your kids.
Old 08-05-2014, 01:18 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  

I know you don't need advice right now. I just want to give one little piece:

Please, make the best use you can of all the support you are offered. People like us, who have lived with addicts, tend to not want to accept help. You will need it right now. The kids will need it right now. You all need time to grieve and process, but you can't help them with all of it without neglecting yourself.

We had a suicide in the family when I was a kid. That's where my thoughts are coming from. Lots of love and strength to you.