Day 2 in Detox

Old 04-02-2002, 01:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
angelchild99

Day 2 in Detox

Hubby seems to be doing a little better today. He felt very sick last night, but is doing better. He is talking about outpatient treatment and how he will go (I hope). I at least hope they will keep him until the end of the week. The last time, he was out after 3 days and it did nothing for him.

angelchild99

Old 04-02-2002, 01:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

Hi Angelchild,

Wishing you the best here. Last summer hubby was in detox and then came out, after care for a while but then he stopped. I think the outpatient/aftercare helps the most. Keep us posted.

How are you doing? Feeling ok?

Hope to hear from you soon.
Take care.
Many hugs.
Love
Debbie
Old 04-02-2002, 04:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Dannygirl

Angel,
Just wanted to offer you maybe a different point of view to the matter...
I don't have a whole lot of faith in detox programs, so bear with me for just a minute or two.
Let me clarify what I mean. First and foremost, it really is only up to your hubby a to whether or not he wants it to work! All the money, the best doctor's, the best treatment program won't mean squat if he doesn't WANT to get better. My father was in and out of one of the best dry-outs in San Antonio and it never did any good beacuse he didn't think he had a problem.
Secondly, YOU CAN'T CONTROL what will happen next. I know (as a bona-fide self-admitted control freak myself) that it's hard to let go. I was trying at 7 years old to control my adult father's drinking by hiding his booze. It never worked. He always found it. So right now, while you are worrying about whether or not "this time" will work, your wasting energy on something you cannot control.
Angel, the best piece of advice I can offer you right now is WORK ON YOU! I noticed in your post (and thanks Deb for asking) that you didn't say much about how YOU are doing through all of this.
And what did you do for yourself today?
(((HUGS))))

------------------
**Dannygirl**
AOL Screenname: Phxhags3

Old 04-03-2002, 10:46 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
angelchild99

Smile

Thanks for asking and for your very well made point. About all I have been doing is working....I work very long hours. I do like to sit in the evenings and either just enjoy the quiet (don't get enough of that) or listen to CD's or watch TV programs that I enjoy, but usually never get to watch. He should be home in another day or so. He sounds upbeat and positive, which I know is a result of being dried out.....

You are right tho, I am a control freak, very practical and level headed. I like routines, ect. Guess I have to learn to let my hair down a bit, so to speak. I was always afraid to before, because just when I would have fun.....I would be disappointed again. I just wish I could get to the point where I wasn't always waiting for the other shoe to drop....

((((Hugs))))
Angelchild99