Right before something fun, this always happens

Old 08-01-2014, 12:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Right before something fun, this always happens

Tomorrow is DD's birthday party. It is supposed tobe outside but the weather looks like that will have to change. I want to move it down to our barn (we never use it for anything, except for my brother's wedding in May) where the kids can have more room to play. ABF wants to have it in the house, which will be cramped. plus most of the kids wrecked the house last year...(2yr -10 year olds here!!!)

Anyway, now hes in a grumpy mood. Nothing is going right, he has too much to do, blah blah blah. I think he wants to cancel the party. Which isn't really necessary. The kids will have fun, its just a simple party! I think he doesn't want to be around anyone sober. (all of his friends will drink....at a kids birthday party).

So I'm trying my best not to get caught up in his emotions or trying to make him feel better. I'm excited for the party, excited for her to play with her friends and cousins. I'm excited to see my family and friends as well.

Usually, right before an event I'm excited for, he likes to try and rip that excitement away from me. He digs and digs until I'm frustrated or crying, then will visibly be calmer himself, and then acts like nothing is wrong. I quit falling for it probably back around Christmas. I enjoy myself much more by not participating in his antics!
Old 08-01-2014, 01:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Isn't just so freeing when we finally figure them out?

Happy Birthday little Blossom!
Old 08-01-2014, 01:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hopeful - Now, I just have to figure myself out!
Old 08-01-2014, 01:35 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Well when you've accomplished that, PLEASE let me know how it's done.
Old 08-01-2014, 01:44 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

what a selfish d*ck - it's a child's BIRTHDAY PARTY - it's about the KID, not HIM. gawdalmighty. tell him to take his stupid jerk butt and go do something else then but do NOT let him wreck this.
Old 08-01-2014, 01:56 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

My ex was always a big, whiny baby on any occasion that didn't revolve around him. His birthday he was all sweetness and light. My last two birthdays with him ended with police cruisers in front of the house. It didn't help that he used any "occasion" as a reason for a bender.
I remember my ds5's 4th birthday party was a nightmare. My ex drunk dialed a dozen extra guests and told them all different times to show up. That was his total contribution to the party.
Meanwhile I cleaned the house, made a cake, bought the gift...I know you know the drill.
His parents were the first ones to show up. I had the party with just them and us (which had been the original plan). When were gone I told my ex he could entertain his other guests alone and I left for the rest of the day. He ended up calling them all back and telling them not to come.
Old 08-01-2014, 03:06 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Agree with anvilhead and GOOD ON YOU for letting it wash of you and still be excited for your daughters big day. Hope she has a wonderful party and enjoys every minute of it.
Old 08-01-2014, 07:59 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday to Baby Blossom!!!
Old 08-01-2014, 08:25 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I'm not sure of time differences but I hope your dd had an awesome bday party!!!

And I really hope everything went ok for you too.
Old 08-02-2014, 01:50 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Bunnies!

Tell him he can keep his grumpy butt inside where no one has to listen to him pitch a fit. Poor King Baby getting his widdle knickers in a twist.
Old 08-02-2014, 05:08 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Well done on your response to him Blossom

How is the house thing going?

He sure doesn't seem like he's in recovery and you don't sound happy being there.
Old 08-02-2014, 05:32 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

My separated AH would do that too. When he was sober and in recovery he admitted it was because he is only used to chaos. He grew up like that. So if something wasnt wrong he'd say something was going to happen or just quack about unimportant things. Very much of a downer.

So glad you have the discernment to know what he is doing and proceed anyway!! It is tough to push forward and you do! Great job!!