Help!!

Old 07-26-2014, 05:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Help!!

I'm going on my 12 day of NC and I came to my safe place the shore and I received a text from my ex saying " meet me at Keenan's homie"... I just felt a kick in my stomach.... one this is my safe place and 2 meet me at a bar??? Like really?? Then an hour later I get a text from his ex from 12 yrs ago sayin " hey missy I'm here if you need to talk" I'm just feeling sick in so many ways.. I'm obviously jealous because I know he had to be in contact with her and he's just constantly dropping in and I don't know how to block his texts/numbers... please keep me strong and forward.
Old 07-26-2014, 05:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Ignore his texts. Contact your service provider on how to block him. You don't need his interference and manipulation. If necessary, just turn off your phone for a while. Above all, do not respond to his texts. You can do this!! (((HUGS)))
Old 07-26-2014, 05:46 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Cat Lady

Do you have an iPhone by chance? There's a feature on there if you look at the contact info that says "block this caller". All you have to do is click it and it will block all calls and texts.

I'm sure calling your service provider would help too. I'm pretty sure they can block numbers.
Old 07-26-2014, 06:03 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I have a Samsung S5 ... I'm just so beside myself like a text from him is bad but a text from an ex of his??? I'm sooo sick
Old 07-26-2014, 06:08 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

You can find out how to block her, too. Unless you've corresponded with her before via phone/text, there's no way she could have your number unless your ex gave it to her. I wouldn't trust either of them any father than I could pick them up and throw them.
Old 07-26-2014, 06:12 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

how about this? assign ZERO value to anything you receive via TEXT?
it's a text....you could hand a 2 yr old or a chimpanzee a smart phone and they have a reasonable probability of texting something to someone.....hell our phones BUTT dial people!

this is only as tragic as YOU decide it is. holds only as much meaning as YOU give it. you are in charge. this can bother you, or you can put up your force fields and reflect it.
Old 07-26-2014, 06:18 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

THEY are making upset and DRAMA...you do not have to participate....good grief, he can't take a hint, ?get lost, what a jerk.
Blow him (and his x) off, kick this loser to the curb... there is nothing he can give you that is useful.
Old 07-26-2014, 06:46 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Pia

Download MrNumber App you can block his calls and texts. Please think about. My stomach sank just reading this. Sending you hugs
Old 07-27-2014, 12:20 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Loving a more peaceful life

Originally Posted by Radiant View Post
Download MrNumber App you can block his calls and texts. Please think about. My stomach sank just reading this. Sending you hugs
I second this. I use it on my Samsung S3.
Old 07-27-2014, 03:24 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kkallday21 View Post
I have a Samsung S5 ... I'm just so beside myself like a text from him is bad but a text from an ex of his??? I'm sooo sick
This is a common manipulation strategy primarily used by psychopaths called triangulation. Google it - it sounds like what you are going through.

Essentially, he is getting the ex involved in this drama cause it gets you jealous, her jealous and him extremely satisfied that all this fuss is being made over his sainted self. It also distracts everyone from the real problem - him.