Just wanted to say hi!!

Old 04-02-2002, 12:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

Just wanted to say hi!!

Hi all,

Just wanted to say hi, especially to all the new names I have seen on the boards. I really don't have any words of wisdom as I am new at this myself. I have read every single post though. I am really gaining alot of insight from what everyone talks about and I thank you all for sharing.

I am pretty much feeling in limbo right now. I called the employee number at work and they gave me some names of counselors that are covered in the "network" of insurance and now I just need to make an appointment. I am not a big phone person, or a face to face person, so all of this is so hard for me to do. But I eventually do it and it makes me stronger I think.

Haven't heard from hubby so I assume he is still in the detox/rehab. I'm kind of glad I didn't hear from him because I am not sure I was ready to talk to him but then I think about it and it kind of irks me that I haven't, those roller coaster of emotions again.

Anyway, I have rambled on again, when my main thought was to say hello

So hello all, and welcome all new faces!!

You all take care, and keep on posting!!

Many, many hugs.
Love,
Debbie
Old 04-02-2002, 02:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Debbie!

I'm so pleased that you found us and that the board is doing something for your peace of mind. Isn't it cool that your posts clear your head and help other people at the same time?

Hugs,
Smoke
Old 04-02-2002, 03:59 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Dannygirl

Deb,
Thanks for the welcome (as a newbie)! I have to tell you, as I read through all of the posts the first few days, I thought about how quickly Ibecame comfortable enough to open up here with all of you...Wanna know what it was?
Not only was it the complete and never-ending support and encouragement, but for me, it was the anonymity. One of the things you said was how you weren't really a phone person, or a face to face person either, it really struck a chord for me. I am the same way, and I will be the first one to admit that I am very non-confrontational. All the anger, hurt, resentment in my heart caused by the alcoholism of my family members has built up over YEARS! And unfortunately for me, while I don't confront "a's", I do have my own ways of lashing out. We all do.
HEY LOOK EVERYBODY! I think that's part of my "inventory" I heard them talk about in Al-Anon....Wow! That kind of surprises even me!
well, talk about rambling! Here I go again!
Just wanted to tell you Deb that I think it's great you recognize your weakness (for communicating via phone or face to face). Why don't you tell us your strengths? I bet you have quite a few!

------------------
**Dannygirl**
AOL Screenname: Phxhags3

Old 04-02-2002, 05:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

Hey Smoke

I am glad I found it too. Does help my peace of mind. Its helping me help me

And Hey Danny,

I was always able to admit my faults. I guess through out the years I always thought I had so many, maybe I really didn't but this is what I was led to believe. As for my strengths, I will ponder on this for a bit since I never thought of myself having strengths but I have thought of myself as strong at times. Not sure if this makes sense or not.

Going to sleep on this....

You take care guys.
Many hugs.
Love
Debbie