How Did You Leave When You Were Frightened?

Old 07-26-2014, 03:38 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

My AXB was physically abusive as well as verbally when he was drunk. On December 5th of last year, he hit me in the face and I just knew for whatever reason I had reached my breaking point. He was arrested and went to rehab and I moved out. I'm now going to a domestic violence center for support and I seriously can't recommend them enough. Please please please go to one, even just to talk to someone. You don't want the situation to get worse. I know it's hard, the hardest thing to do, but YOU ARE WORTH SO MUCH MORE!
Old 07-26-2014, 08:07 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

My final straw before starting the plans to move out was a long night of screaming, tantrumming, loud music aimed at me. He'd done it many times in the past, but this time, i was just done. I spent most of the next day crying, deep soul wrenching crying. I think someone here said I was grieving, and I was. Because that was in fact the end. I had a job 3 months later, and an apartment 6 months later. Divorce was signed June 30th of this year. 1 day under 3 years after I moved out(it took me until March of this year to gather the money to pay for the lawyer)
Old 07-27-2014, 12:30 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

TTL - I remember feeling just like you, but I figured we could not have a rational conversation about separation, and was scared of the abusive behaviour escalating even further. So I went behind his back and took a lease on a house for me and the dogs, left at 6.00am in the morning while he was still passed out, and left a note to say why and that I wouldn't be coming back. I have maintained no contact since then, and protected my new address. We only talk through lawyers now.