I know I saw it here...

Old 07-14-2014, 09:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I know I saw it here...

There was a thread and I can't find it now. It talked basically how the person with the addiction isn't ready yet, or something of that nature. It was basically a list of excuses perhaps. Such as, the one that stuck out to me was they quit drinking but continue to smoke pot.... Does anyone know what I am talking about. When I read it, I felt strength. Tonight, for some reason I need strength. Maybe because it is Monday... his buddies are over there and he is sitting and recording music and drinking. Maybe Monday is a trigger, but so is Thursday, Friday and Saturday... as he is playing.... oh, but Tuesday and Wednesday he works on his house, and drinks then too.... I would love to read that list again.
Old 07-14-2014, 09:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Maybe this was it... http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-2-a.html

This thread was broken up in 3 sections, all about quacking. It was what I thought of when I read your post.
I hope even if this isn't what you were thinking of, it brings you some strength.
Old 07-14-2014, 10:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

No, that wasn't it.... but thank you. I wish it was.... I appreciate you looking.
Old 07-14-2014, 10:07 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It was an actual list that had been pinned. I think that a few asked to pin it at the top, me included, but maybe I am thinking of a different thread. It really hit home though...
Old 07-14-2014, 10:44 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Wendy, was it the one about "X Number of Ways to Know an A is Full of Crap" or something similar? I just took a brief look for it and can't locate it either. I"ve got to get moving for work, but if that sounds right, maybe someone else can help you find it who's got a bit more time.

Good luck in your search!
Old 07-14-2014, 11:08 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Wendy---I think it is "10 ways to tell if your addict or alcoholic is full of crap"

Go to the search button...on the blue bar at the top of this main page.....click on it and type the title.

If it doesn't work--let us know.

(I just did it myself and I found it)

dandylion
Old 07-15-2014, 05:22 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I found it too using dandylion's search as suggested above. i couldn't post the link tho because I don't have enough posts yet.... :-(

Anyway, good luck to you!
Old 07-15-2014, 08:18 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

OK, home from work and, using dandylion's search technique, I found it! I see that you found it too, allinon, but can't post the link, so here it is:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-reposted.html

Wow, that was quite an undertaking, wasn't it...? I see you posted on it, Wendy, so I suspect this is the right one. Do you know how to subscribe/unsubscribe to a thread, so you can keep it handy for reference whenever you want?