I need help with AM

Old 07-08-2014, 07:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I need help with AM

I don't know if she's an alcoholic, but I know my mother takes Xanax. She drinks too, I don't know how much. She is psychotic and needs serious help. All of her negativity is directed at me. I'm avoiding her at all cost but she has some of my belongings stored at her house. I want to get her completely out of my life. I am alcoholic myself, only 3 weeks sober.
Old 07-08-2014, 08:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mirage74 View Post
I don't know if she's an alcoholic, but I know my mother takes Xanax. She drinks too, I don't know how much. She is psychotic and needs serious h :elp. All of her negativity is directed at me. I'm avoiding her at all cost but she has some of my belongings stored at her house. I want to get her completely out of my life. I am alcoholic myself, only 3 weeks sober.
My X was on Xanax and some other meds. for highblood pressure, panic attacks. He drank also......not a good thing. I was trying to quit and with all that I just couldn't. I'm out of the house, divorced, have full custody of my 12 year old boy, and have been sober for over 100 days. Just as you all his negativity was directed toward me also. At this time having her out of your life would be beneficial for you. You are what is most important now. You have to help yourself
Old 07-08-2014, 08:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks airwick. She is surrounded by people who allow her to get away with her behavior. If I call her on it, she flips out. I am on the receiving end of the wrath of hell. I don't know what to do. She is completely incapable of rational thinking.
Old 07-08-2014, 08:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Bunnies!

Mirage, I know you've posted in the ACoA forum before. There's nothing you can do for her. Nothing. I'm sorry she's doing what she's doing, but it's her choice to do it. Focus on your own recovery, please.
Old 07-08-2014, 08:36 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm sorry, NWGRITS, but this is part of my recovery, a big part. What's your experience?
Old 07-08-2014, 08:36 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Bunnies!

IME, it's often better to let the stuff go and keep your sanity.
Old 07-08-2014, 08:38 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Oh ok, then why are people posting on these boards? If you don't have any experience with this, please go help someone else.
Old 07-08-2014, 08:39 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Sorry, I put this in the wrong forum.