A message of hope for all

Old 07-03-2014, 09:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A message of hope for all

Dear SR family,
Hi, it's me Bernadette777. I have continued to pray for all on here. I have been working and staying busy while staying away from the exAbf. Have there been moments of "I miss him" garbage? Sometimes.., but then I remember the fact that alcoholism is progressive and who he was so charmingly 2 years ago tonight on our first date, well, that's not who he is now. I just looked at the clock, by God's grace, I didn't reach out to him today. he and I haven't spoken since march/April. So you may be thinking to yourself... Why Bernadette 777? Why are you typing here right now? My answer: to spread a little hope that no contact does work & that an "anniversary day" can be a sweet memory but it isn't THE NOW, and it's from there my friends that the shackles of codependency breaks off. I type to you tonight to share a little hope to all who are in the struggle of a tough relationship due to their spouse, bf, gf, or family member who has issues of abuse with alcohol/and or drugs. Stay strong my SR family. God bless, guide & protect you. My prayers are never ending for all here. Love & peace to you. XOXO Bernadette777
Old 07-03-2014, 09:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

What a great update! Your recovery is shining my friend!
Old 07-03-2014, 09:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you Hopeful, thank you for responding my best wishes to you xo Bernie777
Old 07-03-2014, 09:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I am so happy for you Bernadette---thank you for thinking of us!!!!

Your message is helping others---and warming my heart, also.

dandylion
Old 07-03-2014, 10:46 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey Danylion,

Thank you & Hopeful4 for your always kind & supportive words. That was my goal to have my posting help others,thank you for letting me know my experience is helping others tonight. We can't give up, my heart is warm knowing I was remembered by you guys. Love & my best to you & Hopeful4!
Old 07-04-2014, 01:58 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Bernadette, thanks for posting this. I know there's at least one person who's posted here very recently who needs to hear what you've said in this thread. Thanks for checking in to offer a ray of light to those in dark times and letting them know that they CAN make it to the other side.

Glad you're doing so well and have found some peace and some healing!
Old 07-04-2014, 05:28 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

So happy for you. Thank you for sharing. I am one of those who is going thru another situation with ABF .... looking for closure and hoping I can stay strong and be better when if I get it.
Old 07-04-2014, 06:44 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi Honeypig & Sunday,

Thank you both. If my words can help someone in this world in the familiar situation we have been in & if my journey was to send an encouraging word then it was worth it. Hold on & be strong Sunday. You will be successful and achieve your goal, I'll be praying for you. It took faith, time & work. By God's grace go I. My best wishes for you & all. Everyday we work on it. Remember your worth. It helps a lot. You matter. It's not all for the ABf. God bless. Xo, Bernadette777
Old 07-04-2014, 06:53 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

All,

Something just came to me. Our loved ones who have their shackles of alcohol of drug abuse around them... We gotta remember that it's their shackles. We mustn't allow theirs to grow onto us. They live in their own prison, we don't need to go behind their bars- ya know what I mean? Compassion, love, & understanding are needed, but I don't think we are supposed to join "their crazy adventure or personal party" I have learned to pray for my exAbf with love, I don't want him to fall any further, I want him to get up & rise with peace and become a whole man and not a victim like the body snatcher film / in this case the booze / drugs are the alien. Just wanted to share. We can love but be wise in that love. I had "friends" tell me " if you really loved him- you'd stay" my response was " then I wouldn't be loving myself & Id be enabling him" - that's not on my schedule." Stay strong guys' peace. B777xo
Old 07-04-2014, 08:54 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Bernadette this is incredible! I'm so so happy for you and glad to hear it. Thanks for sharing!
Old 07-04-2014, 08:54 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Bravo, mon brave!! Je t'envoye un câlin! Un câlin écossaise! Xx
Old 07-04-2014, 09:29 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hi Praying & Steff72,

Thank you my friends, thank you. I'm so grateful for you. Be blessed. My best wishes for you. Just wanted to share and if my journey helps/helped someone then...AMEN! Love, Bernadette 777xo
Old 07-04-2014, 09:32 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by steffip72 View Post
Bravo, mon brave!! Je t'envoye un câlin! Un câlin écossaise! Xx
Mercil Beaucoup mon amie, un cálin aussi pour vous. Un cálin de "New Jersey" chat soon! Xoxo