Courage To Change 07/02/14

Old 07-02-2014, 08:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Courage To Change 07/02/14

Al-Anon helps many of us to identify and change self-destructive behavior. In my case, procrastination was the source of a great deal of needless anxiety, but with Al-Anon’s help I have managed to recognize and change that pattern. As I learned to focus on myself, I began to pay attention to my own thoughts and feelings. When I felt anxious, I took the time to find out what was causing my discomfort. I realized that I had a habit of postponing unpleasant tasks until the last possible moment. Knowing I would have to perform the task eventually, I found it hard to relax until it was done. I came to see that if I took care of the task right away, I could usually let go of anxiety and appreciate the rest of the day. Old habits can be hard to break. It didn’t happen overnight, but as I became more willing to let go of procrastination, my life became more manageable and more enjoyable.

Today’s Reminder
If I am getting in the way of my own best interests, a closer look at my behavior can lead to positive changes. By focusing on myself, I move toward freedom and serenity today.

“Do not look where you fell, but where you slipped.”
Liberian proverb