Courage To Change 07/01/14

Old 07-01-2014, 07:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Courage To Change 07/01/14

Most of us have spent far too much time feeling badly about who we are and what we have done. We may have been harshly criticized by others or we may have simply lost perspective and become overly hard on ourselves.
Today we have an opportunity to stop that kind of self-destructive thinking. Isn’t it about time we allowed ourselves to feel good about ourselves? It takes time for old doubts to fade and wounds to heal. Self-confidence comes slowly, but it grows with practice. We can begin by acknowledging that we do have positive qualities. For those of us who have negative, self-critical thoughts running through our heads all day long, we can make an extra effort to counteract them with positive thoughts. For every defect we identify, we can also try to name an asset. Some of us find it helpful to list five or ten things about our day that we have a right to feel good about before we go to sleep. With practice, we learn to treat ourselves with gentleness and compassion. We all have many admirable qualities, and we owe it to ourselves to let them shine.

Today’s Reminder
Today I will make an effort to remember that I am a terrific human being.

“Ever’thing there is but lovin’ leaves a rust on yo’ soul.”
Langston Hughes
Old 07-01-2014, 07:49 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm getting much better, yet I have a lot of growth to do with this still. The past week has been rough with hearing past critical voices of others and myself echoing in my head. I've been bringing myself back into the present moment instead of thinking of the past or what may happen in the future. A simple thing that changes everything, but it hasn't been easy for me to learn. Change is hard, even good changes.

From Heart of Abundance:

God is my Source
There is that within me that knows what to do and how to do it.
All is well.