Courage To Change 06/30/14

Old 06-30-2014, 08:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Courage To Change 06/30/14

“While walking through the woods one day, I was surprised to hear a child’s voice. I followed the sound, trying in vain to understand the child’s words. When I spotted a boy perched on a rock, I realized why his words had made no sense: he was repeating the alphabet. ‘Why are you saying your ABCs so many times?’ I asked him. The child replied, ‘I’m saying my prayers.’ I couldn’t help but laugh. ‘Prayers? All I hear is the alphabet.’ Patiently the child explained, ‘Well, I don’t know all the words, so I give God the letters. God knows what I’m trying to say.’” Years ago, when my grandmother told me this story, it meant little to me, but the spiritual life I’ve found in Al‑Anon has given it new meaning. Today the story reminds me that prayer is for me, not for God, who knows what I’m going through without explanation. With prayer I say I am willing to be helped. The meaning behind my prayers comes from my heart, not from my words.

Today’s Reminder
Prayer is my most personal form of communication. I can pray by consciously thinking, writing, creating, feeling, and hoping. Whether I reach deep inside myself or turn outward toward the majesty of nature, it is the spirit of prayer rather than its form that matters. Today I will let
my heart speak.

“God meets me where I am . . .. If I am just willing, He will come to me.”
As We Understood . .
Old 06-30-2014, 08:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That is really beautiful.

"Meets me where I am," has been on my heart a lot lately, especially as I am gently guided to remember God meets everyone where they are.