Last Time I Posted

Old 06-25-2014, 04:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Last Time I Posted

Last time I posted, I was in a bad state mentally and you all helped. Working towards getting out but it's a slow process for me at least.

Found out he had purchased some items and was going to write a check on and it would have bounced so instead I called the store and paid with a credit card so the check wouldn't bounce on our joint account when we didn't have the money.

So instead of thanking me for paying for the items, he yelled at me for making him look bad at the store.

So I'm headed out today to close down the joint checking account.

I've been keeping a journal for the past two years and I sat down and read last year's journal yesterday. There's nothing good in there and I end up asking myself what in the heck is wrong with me that I feel so obligated to stay with someone who treats me so badly 99% of the time.

I feel this is my problem and I'm working on myself. He can quack in the wind but it's me who is allowing this to happen to my life.

I need a lot of help to get out of this because I'm so conflicted so I'm trying to find a therapist. Got a great attorney but he already told me he thinks I need more help emotionally.

So I come here because I know you all understand.

Thanks for listening.
Old 06-25-2014, 06:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Great job on getting a good lawyer and closing the account.

Therapist is an excellent next step

Keep moving forward--sounds like you are getting more clear about what you want.
Old 06-25-2014, 07:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

WOW!--your lawyer could see that!!!?

dandylion
Old 06-25-2014, 07:31 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yes, Dandylion, he could tell. I'm an emotional basket case and very weepy and conflicted when I talk about it. I wish it were a straight line for me to say I'm done with it but it isn't and although I know what I need to do, it's not that easy for me. Baby steps.
Old 06-25-2014, 08:11 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You sound very clear-headed in your post, though. That's a good thing!
Old 06-25-2014, 08:21 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Trying I think therapy would be very helpful to you. You need to build confidence and self esteem. I found CBT to be very helpful. You are at least seeing things pretty clearly and know what needs to be done. That is a huge step. Changing your account where your money goes in an account in only your name is a wise decision as well. Sometimes e have to do things in baby steps but as long as they are going in a forward direction that is all that counts.
I wish you the best.