Should I or shouldn't I, a "Blind Date"?

Old 06-25-2014, 10:22 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

If you trust your contractor's judgment, then yes! I had a blind date set up by some friends I trust 100%. Turns out this guy wasn't my type, but it was just nice to go out and have some fun.

Does your contractor have a significant other? Can the four of you go to dinner or do something together? (Sorry if you already answered this and I missed it.) It's kind of nice to have another couple there to lighten things up a little bit if you're feeling nervous about things.
Old 06-25-2014, 10:59 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Do it girl! And....tell us all about it!
Old 06-25-2014, 12:11 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CodeJob View Post
Well, this is my favorite new cartoonist answering your question. http://zenpencils.com/comic/103-c-s-...o-love-at-all/
This is awesome!!!! Wow, it speaks to me, thanks for posting CJ.

Amy, have fun! I have really been struggling here because I don't want a "closed box", but wow, it's hard. But have fun and live the one life you've got.
Old 06-25-2014, 01:49 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Glad you like it Praying! I think I've written this to you in past threads - but the lesson is so much more clear in a cartoon. We just aren't here to live with our hearts completely locked up.
Old 06-25-2014, 01:51 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Well I do hope you got yourself a dog at least?

Originally Posted by desypete View Post
if you dont try you will never know : )

i am a lot like you but for me i really have given up on women full stop.

my last girlfriend for example had a large number of friends on her mobile phone she would sit for hours happy enoung on her phone chatting away to both males and females etc it used to drive me nuts as i just wanted her to cuddle me
i came home from a 15 hour day one day and she was there on her phone didnt even look up to me let alone get up and give me a kiss

this used to cause me to feel alone with her and sometimes even jealous

her dog on the other hand would leap up into my arms and lick my face showing how pleased she was to see me
i got more attetnion out of the dog than i did with her
in the end it had to end she was quite happy in our relationship except for my moods if i seen my back side with her over her texting
so that was it i made the decsion i would rather be alone and unhappy than ever be in a relationship that makes me feel alone and unhappy

so good luck to you and just give it a try as you never know : )
Old 06-25-2014, 06:09 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CodeJob View Post
Glad you like it Praying! I think I've written this to you in past threads - but the lesson is so much more clear in a cartoon. We just aren't here to live with our hearts completely locked up.
I'm pretty sure you have. Write it, send a cartoon...got any pictures or videos, or maybe some pots and pans to smash over my head? Might need a few more gentle reminders.

I saved that cartoon link. I noticed I could also buy a poster but wasn't sure that would show very well with the 5 or 6 teen boys who are always hanging around my house!

"Dude, what's wrong with your mom?"

Now Amy...if I lived with cats instead...I might just post that sucker on the wall...
Old 06-25-2014, 06:25 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Click on archives, he has been doing famous quotes weekly for 2 years? Zenpencils.com

He did a lovely one on Brene Brown too. And a brief series on internet hate mongers.. And Maya Angelou. And some wrestler..... You'll find something for the boys!
Old 06-26-2014, 05:48 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

why not just meet the guy for coffee first?

what i like about coffee, we can linger over a cup, or pound it down and run...........