New to this

Old 07-10-2004, 09:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New to this

Not sure if i'm posting this right or not but i'll try anyway. I don't know what to do with myself. My recent b/f i guess we can call hin ex b/f at this point is an alcoholic. When i met him he was sober and loved life. He knew he had alot of work to do with his recovery but he really beleived in himself. Anyway ...long story short...what was a very good relationship between us has turned into a very emotional, confusing time for me. I'm so hurt by what i have experienced over the past few months that i feel like i have lost my spirit. For the past 2 weeks i have only felt angry or sad (lots of crying). We were in a temporary long distance relationship and i finally moved to the same city as him... thank god this was planned even prior to meeting him so he was not my reason for moving but i definitley thought it was an added bonus. Anyway...he has been asking me for months to hurry up and get to him so we can work on our realtionship. I'm here and he has conveninetly dissappeard. We spent a wonderful day togther and made plans for the next day. That was 2 weeks ago. He had planned (or i guess maybe not) to return to AA meetings and a relapse prevention group once i got here in order to get himself "back on track". I feel so betrayed by him in that i have been as supportive as i can be and well... he is now avoiding me. I need support and don't know where to get it. I've never been to Al-anon and almost feel stupid going becasue i just keep thinking that maybe i my problems are nothing compared to what others are going thorugh. I don't know what else to do...Any words of wisdom?
Old 07-10-2004, 09:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

First... your problems are not stupid or too small. Anyone whose peace of mind is threatened by alcoholism is at home in Alanon.

Try not to take the weirdness personally. There is no telling what is floating around in his mind with the fumes. I don't know why we call them substance abusers, it's really the other way around. The substance abuses them, controls their behavior and makes them basically socially unacceptable. It's not you.

I'm glad you found us. Make yourself right at home!

Hugs,
Smoke
Old 07-12-2004, 06:50 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR.

Stick around and keep reading and posting. You'll find a lot of people who know what you are going through.

Your problems are not small. It helps a lot to talk to people who understand.
Glad you're here!
L