Happy Father's Day

Old 06-15-2014, 04:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Happy Father's Day

Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there!
Old 06-15-2014, 05:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yes -- happy fathers day to all the dads out there who fight for their kids, and in some cases do double duty because the mother isn't there. You guys rock. Seriously.
Old 06-15-2014, 06:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I want to say Happy Father's Day to my biological dad, who I loved, who was an artist and dreamer, but who chose a life of homelessness over a life with us, his family..

I want to say Happy Father's Day to my stepfather who stepped in and signed up for stepfatherhood of four kids.. when he was only 28 when he married my 38 year mom and his stepchildren ranged in age from 7 to 17. He eventually fell off the wagon and I lost him when I was in college, but I thank him from the bottom of my heart for the 8 sober years he gave me. They made all the difference.

I want to say Happy Father's Day to my AH who had high expectations for the day, given his son and his son's girlfriend traveled through three states to come and see him but he decided to start drinking at 10 and was wasted by 4 and made the rest of the day miserable for everyone, and insulted me and his son and even his son's girlfriend, reeking of self-pity and anger by the end of the day. I feel bad that he seems to think this was his worst Father's Day ever. I feel bad that my son and his girlfriend had to suck up his insults. I feel bad that he actually has so many blessings in life but the drinking is turning those blessings inside out..
Old 06-16-2014, 02:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You are a very kind soul