This Weekend

Old 02-15-2002, 08:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Post This Weekend

Hi all. I have been feeling pretty good all week. The weekend my husband's brother and friend are driving down for the weekend. Both of these men and drinking buddies with my husband. I am worried that my husband will drink with them. I have been trying not to worry about this as I can do nothing to prevent it. I have also shared my concern with my husband and he said he wasn't going to drink. I plan to going shopping tonight so I don't have to entertain these men - I don't even want to see them. So I am trying to let go and focus on what I have planned for the weekend instead. Wish me luck.
Old 02-15-2002, 09:55 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Paused

That was my biggest problem, THE FRIEND. That was what I blame his first relapse on. This guy is what I consider evil. Just keep pushing until you give in and have a drink and smoke. The problem is that they're everywhere and the A must learn how to cope. 6 months of sobriety thrown away for what. Sure wish my A's desire to quit would have been greater than THE FRIEND's hold over him. Now that time (six months of sobriety) is just a memory of the only REAL time we ever had in 16 years of marriage. Wishing you all the best.
P.S. I don't hold a grudge against THE FRIEND cause I know he didn't cause it, can't control it, can't cure it any more than I can. If the A didn't want to drink he wouldn't have. My old A mentor used to go around THE FRIEND all the time and turned down those same pushes.
Old 02-15-2002, 09:56 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey Rose!
Good plan. Do whatever you can to keep your mind off the "what ifs". Worrying about it won't change it. (Now, if I could only keep that in mind MYSELF....)

Love,
Smoke
Old 02-22-2002, 06:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Paused

Hey Rose, you sound like someone I would really like to know. How does that strike you? Is it ok that I would want to know you without talking about your husband's crap? I don't want to even have him on the agenda? You talk about lifting weights? I know how empowering that is. Hey, try kick-boxing. I do that every week. It's really powerful. There's nothing better than kicking the **** out of a punch bag and knowing you could shut down whatever perp happens to enter your world. Whatever assists you in taking control of your life. Love, Chi
Old 02-25-2002, 04:14 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Chi, thanks for wanting to get to know me. I have not tried kickboxing yet, the Y where I work out only offers it at 5:45am and I haven't gotten myself there at that hour yet! I usually work out after work. Five years ago I took Karate for about 3 months. I was doing ok, but then started sparing with a young college girl, well she kicked my but. And I didn't like it one bit! So I quit. But I have been thinking about taking it up again. You can reach me at [email protected]. Bye