dont know what to do

Old 06-13-2014, 04:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

dont know what to do

my husband was confined in a 6 month alcohol residency center and its co ed. we weren't in good terms when he left. i dont know how to handle it, HELP!!!
Old 06-13-2014, 04:14 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR, esmilu. Your situation sounds tough, no doubt. I'd like to suggest that you read here as much as possible, especially the stickied threads at the top of the page. I'd also like to suggest finding yourself some face-to-face support at Alanon.

Now, take a few deep breaths, calm yourself a little, and tell us your story. People here have stood in your shoes and understand where you're coming from. You'll be alright.
Old 06-13-2014, 05:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Esmilu,

Welcome, I am sure you will find a lot of great support here. Being here reading and posting has helped me immensely. Your post speaks in the past tense..." He was confined".."We werent on good terms".... Have things changed? How is your situation now? Is he still in the treatment center or has he come home after it? Are you trying to salvage the marriage or leaning more towards ending it? You also mention the coed part. Are you worried he will be or has been unfaithful?

Regardless of your situation, Al anon can help. It will help you to focus on yourself and what you need and want out of life despite whatever your AH does or does not do. We only have control over our own actions not others.

It sounds as if you are feeling in limbo not sure where everything is going next. There is a great saying in Alanon, "more will be revealed". To me this means not to stress out over everything today. I dont have to solve everything in one day. If I just relax and clam down, everything will play out as it should and answers will come. Hang in there and things will get clearer.
Old 06-13-2014, 08:15 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by esmilu View Post
my husband was confined in a 6 month alcohol residency center and its co ed. we weren't in good terms when he left. i dont know how to handle it, HELP!!!
What are you most afraid of ?
Old 06-13-2014, 08:48 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi & welcome, glad you found us.

Yes -- tell us more about you and your story, and what your fears are regarding this. Is this a court-ordered confinement? Is it voluntary? What kind of a rehab facility is it?
Old 06-14-2014, 01:03 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

esmilu, haven't seen anything from you since your original post--hoping you'll check back in and let us know how you are.
Old 06-14-2014, 01:33 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Pia

You get 6 months of working on you now. What are you going to do to make you happy?
Old 06-17-2014, 11:11 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I am sorry I just found a break go be able to log in. He was ordered to do 6 months in an alcohol rehab and my problem with this is that he's not an alcoholic. He got a dwi with child. We were on our way home from a wedding and he lost control of the car in a very bad rain storm. When anythinge came he admitted to drinks and it was no refusal weekend so they took him. Long story I feel he was put in there for the money because they didn't evaluate him or anything. Concerns for me. I am caring for 4 children while he's in there doing who knows what.I'm out struggling its a co ed place and that worries me. He's never cheated but he's never been in this situation of being away from me either they treat him like a prisoner he can't call or see me. I'm going crazy trying to figure things out
Old 06-17-2014, 11:54 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Bunnies!

Honestly, if he was driving drunk with a child in the backseat, I think they made a good call locking him up. Hopefully he'll get a wakeup call from it. There's no excuse for what he did.
Old 06-18-2014, 03:50 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hello Esmilu,

If this is how you feel about the situation, have you contacted a lawyer or advocate?

You sound frustrated and overwhelmed with your situation. This is a good place to vent. Welcome.