Filed for divorce

Old 06-08-2014, 07:10 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

SP, you need legal protection and you have children to think of.

Don't let pride or hope he'll do what you want stand between resources and your kids.

I grew up in a home where my mom did just that and instead of getting what she was entitled to from my father,
she said she'd "do it on her own" which led to lack and stress and suffering that didn't have to be for our family.

In the end, her resentment at the struggle led her down the path to alcoholism herself.

Please take care of yourself
Old 06-08-2014, 08:41 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Check to see if your local job service has a "displaced homemaker's" program.
Old 06-08-2014, 09:20 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Sounds like you are in panic mode. Understandable. In my opinion, I'm not sure telling him this is not what you want only gives him false hope and that isn't fair to him. Unless this is REALLY not what you want, then don't do it, if this life is acceptable to you. You can't have it the way it was I the past, because it simply isn't that way anymore. I'm sorry.
Old 06-08-2014, 10:50 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lillamy View Post
I'm not a lawyer but I want to warn you: if there is a protective order in place where he can't contact you, if you contact him, YOU can get in legal trouble - it can be viewed as you trying to trick him into breaking the law.
The order is against HIM, not against her. She can spend all day trying to contact him. She won't get arrested for that. However, the judge will take that into consideration in any forthcoming decisions he needs to make regarding the case. (Maybe that's what you meant by legal trouble?)

Also, as part of a No Contact order, or an Injunction, the judge will specifically point out to the respondent that going through any third party is also considered contact, so be aware of that, SP.
Old 06-08-2014, 11:32 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

^^^^^
It just occurred to me that on the other hand, possibly contacting him too much could have him wanting to file for an injunction against you for harassment. Hmm.
Old 06-08-2014, 02:22 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Confused39 View Post
I don't know if you can get a legal separation where you are? It's not a divorce but where I live in the UK it can ensure provisions such as you remain in the family home and financial assistance etc.
thank you! I will check into that. I'm not sure if they do legal separation where I live.
Old 06-08-2014, 02:24 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hawkeye13 View Post
SP, you need legal protection and you have children to think of. Don't let pride or hope he'll do what you want stand between resources and your kids. I grew up in a home where my mom did just that and instead of getting what she was entitled to from my father, she said she'd "do it on her own" which led to lack and stress and suffering that didn't have to be for our family. In the end, her resentment at the struggle led her down the path to alcoholism herself. Please take care of yourself
Thank you for that insight. I will definitely think about what you said. And I'm so sorry you had to grow up with that. I appreciate you sharing that.
Old 06-08-2014, 02:25 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by pixilation View Post
Check to see if your local job service has a "displaced homemaker's" program.
Oh! That IS a great idea! I hope so!!! I will check on that tomorrow. Thank you! I never would have thought of that.
Old 06-08-2014, 02:28 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by poolsideGal View Post
^^^^^ It just occurred to me that on the other hand, possibly contacting him too much could have him wanting to file for an injunction against you for harassment. Hmm.
OMG! I wonder if that is what he is trying to do? I'm so stupid with this stuff! And with people. I always think the best and even after they show me who they are, I ignore it and think they didn't mean to do or say that.

Thank you for telling me that. That is also something I never would have thought of.
Old 06-08-2014, 07:26 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

If you google your state's job service you can look on their website and see if it's listed. Also, please if you have a local crisis center, go. Most communities have different resources, and they'll have listings of those resources.