The Twelve Steps

Old 08-13-2001, 02:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Post The Twelve Steps

1. We admitted we were powerless over the alcoholic -- that our lives had become unmanageable.

2. Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.

3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him.

4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.

5. Admitted to God, to ourselves and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.

6. Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.
7. Humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings.
8. Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all.

9. Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.

10. Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.

11. Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out.
12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these Steps, we tried to carry this message to others, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.
Old 11-25-2003, 05:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Paused

Thought I could do this on my own, with the support of my family..............

I forgot about God

Thanks for the reminder
Old 02-13-2005, 05:51 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Smile God and Nature

Hello Everyone, I have never forgotten about God or the Lord Jesus Christ i am very down to earth and i've always believed this simple phrasing of God and nature: The sun and the moon shining down upon us are the eyes of God looking down at us. When it is raining that means God is crying, when there is thunder and lightning that means God is angry,The wind is the breath of God and depending upon how hard the wind blows depends upon his mood whereas a light wind is a sigh, when it is snowing it is the tears of the angels from the heavens above.

God created the heavens and the Earth and for that matter the Universe and humanity and so as i look upon the stars at night i think not just about the infinite vastness of galaxies and universes that lye out there beyond the stars in the Milky Way Galaxy, but of God himself the Creator of life and death itself the forgiver sins as any Christian would call him. So whenever you think about nature and all of it's intricacies think of the power of God i'm very down to earth, i like to have fun while reading the ho hum 12 steps of alcoholism on the al-anon program. I hope to hear from you soon,good luck in all you do.

Signed,
Greg

Last edited by Prophet3276; 02-13-2005 at 05:57 PM. Reason: i found a repeat error in the second paragraph
Old 06-05-2010, 02:46 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

The one thing that I got out of the relationship with my XAGF is a new relationship with God. The rehab place she was at was a Christian ministry for women who are in crisis. It's foundation is to seek God and his works.

The transformations I have seen from the other clients there was unbelievalbe. The church is on a small farm, surrounded by the director's house and the pastor's as well. I don't know if I ever felt the spirit of the Lord as I did there. I had never been baptized before and since a couple of the clients were going to have it done, I made the request.

The church used a small creek on an old country road for the baptisms. When I first saw the creek I was thinking of the O'Brother Where Art Thou scene where those two inmates got baptized. When I came out of that creek, I knew my life had changed.

Because of my faith in God, my constant prayers and being able to talk about it here on SR I am going to make it. I feel God giving me piece and when I begin to think about the past, I rebuke it like the devil himself.

Just as Jesus was tempted in the wilderness by Satan himself, so shall I come out of this wilderness because of my faith. I have seen it in action!

Phillip
Old 02-11-2015, 05:25 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi, The one prayer that got me through some of my toughest times was the serenity prayer. Still going through stuff....still praying. God is good.
Old 02-11-2015, 06:11 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

hi saffire, nice post, but it should be noted that the thread was STARTED in 2001 and last replied to in 2010.

but then again, well done on finding it!!!
Old 02-11-2015, 08:21 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

hi Anvilhead11, LOL! did not see the date. I am just getting used to the whole site and I am overwhelmed by how mush reading there is. Good reading.
Old 02-12-2015, 03:25 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I think it is all to easy to forget about the higher power I had my eye opening experience when I found the reciept for my AH's bottle of wine lying in pristine condition right in the middle of the passanger side footwell when I got in the car! If that wasnt a higher power giving me a sign I dont know what is!!