Courage To Change: 06/06/14

Old 06-06-2014, 09:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Courage To Change: 06/06/14

How easy it can be to justify our own unacceptable behavior! Perhaps we excuse ourselves, claiming that we were provoked or had no choice. Or we dismiss our actions by telling ourselves that everyone does the same
thing. With these and other justifications, we pretend that our wrongs don’t count. This denial must be overcome when we take the Fourth Step.
With this Step we take a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves. It is fearless because of the strong spiritual foundation we have established by taking the first three Steps. It is moral because we list what we feel has been right or wrong about our conduct. And it is searching. The only way we can take this Step thoroughly, searchingly, is to resist the desire to justify and excuse what we uncover. It may demand courage and self-discipline, but by freely acknowledging who we have
been, we can make positive changes about who we are becoming.

Today’s Reminder
I am a human being with strengths and weaknesses, capable of achievements and mistakes. Because I accept this, I can look closely at myself. Today I will find something to appreciate and something to improve.

“You never find yourself until you face the truth.”
Pearl Bailey
Old 06-06-2014, 10:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Ok, stop. Right Now. Get OUT OF MY HEAD.

Seriously, just mentally attacking this very issue last night so this is beyond perfect timing for this message today. Thank you, as always!