New to board, son with liver disease

Old 06-06-2014, 05:18 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I think you are putting a lot into possible's and what if's. You are planning ahead far too much. You cannot navigate controlling this situation and trying to control it based on the possibility of this liver failing and him receiving another.

I gently suggest you think about that. One step at a time. Right now your sons situation is that he is an addict. Last time your son had a disease which he had since he was 13, that destroyed his liver. The destruction of a liver from addiction is very obvious. The doctors aren't dumb and addiction leaves its own personal thumbprint. So the thought that somehow you can prevent your son's future transplant by letting his medical community know what is happening I don't see. The goal here is that he seek help for his addiction and save the liver he has. Just because you tell them isn't going to produce a miracle re: his seeking recovery, but it would be in their best interest (and his) to know.

Finger pointing from the husband well, you may should remind your husband that its not your fault, it is your sons fault. Every bit of it.

Lots of hugs and again very sorry for this terrible situation.