Courage To Change: 06/02/14

Old 06-02-2014, 09:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Courage To Change: 06/02/14

One gift of being a longtime Al-Anon member is that I have accumulated a large supply of healthy, positive experiences which remind me that my Higher Power is worthy of my trust. Although I have faced many challenges and difficulties over the years, my Higher Power
has never let me down. This hasn’t prevented me from having problems; if that had been the case, I would have missed out on life-changing lessons I might not have learned any other way. Instead, I was given challenges and opportunities—but never more than I could handle. Even when I feared that my circumstances were too much for me, help, guidance, and comfort were always there. Today when I encounter a crisis, I have no need to fear. My own experience teaches me that I can rely on a
Power greater than myself to help me through whatever happens. At first I had to “act as if ” I believed that I’d be cared for. But each time I took this risk, I observed the results. Again and again, my Higher Power stepped in to help. I have never once regretted my decision to trust.

Today’s Reminder
Each day is an opportunity to build a supply of positive spiritual experiences. Today I will take note of what happens when I trust my Higher Power.

“By far the best proof is experience.”

Francis Bacon