SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Alcoholics (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/)
-   -   Not a Surprise (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/334028-not-surprise.html)

christinastar10 06-02-2014 06:29 AM

Not a Surprise

Hello,

Woke up this morning to a text from a friend. My friend saw Xabf bar hoping last night. It Didnt surprise me since Xabf didn't see our son this weekend. He usually sees AJ once a week for a few hours. Good thing, I took our son
AJ to Disneyland. We had a blast.

I just prayed for XABF. I pray that he tries to find his way again with life and his sobriety. His last relapse was 9 weeks ago. He had just been released from his 8 week in-patient program a week ago.

Just needed a Lil vent. Thanks everyone. Hope you all have a fabulous day.

FeelingGreat 06-02-2014 06:32 AM

Hi christina, a relapse so soon out of rehab is really disappointing. Hope you continue living your life for you and your son, and having fun.

Pia 06-02-2014 06:42 AM

What wonderful memories you are making with AJ.

christinastar10 06-02-2014 07:39 AM

FeelingGreat,

Yes it can be disappointing. That's why I just pray. Yes I keep my son and I busy and try to have as much fun as we can.

Radiant,

Thank you! Yes I try to make memories of Aj and I.

christinastar10 06-02-2014 02:40 PM

So got a email from XABF. He wants to talk to me about visiting AJ. Seems to me like he's fishing now.

ladyscribbler 06-02-2014 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by christinastar10 (Post 4690342)
So got a email from XABF. He wants to talk to me about visiting AJ. Seems to me like he's fishing now.

Stick to the agreement you reached in your settlement. Don't let his crazymaking make you second guess yourself. You're a great mom. He has shown himself to be unreliable and unstable over and over.

christinastar10 06-02-2014 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by ladyscribbler (Post 4690392)
Stick to the agreement you reached in your settlement. Don't let his crazymaking make you second guess yourself. You're a great mom. He has shown himself to be unreliable and unstable over and over.

Ho Ladyscribble,

I have sole legal and physical custody of AJ with reasonable visitations(supervised). We have no set schedule. So I just wait for xabf to ask to see AJ but it's rare when he does.

airwick 06-02-2014 07:36 PM

My son is 12 , I too have sole legal and physical custody. Do you get child support? My XAH just started up back at work. Like you, I don't want anything bad to happen to him. I don't want him to feel pressured. He is a very depressed alcoholic and was my husband for 13 years :( Drinking brings out the worst in people. It's so sad; I try not to think about it.

My son and I went to Disneyland two years ago. We had a great time too!

christinastar10 06-03-2014 11:48 PM

Airwick,

No Child support yet. We go back to court for that in Aug.

I love Disneyland. I got us annaul pass for AJs birthday. It's totally worth it for us and I enjoy going all the time.