Anniversary recap

Old 06-01-2014, 05:27 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Pia

Anniversary recap

Thursday was my anniversary. I have been NC but had told him prior to NC not to bother me, we weren't going to celebrate, there was nothing to be happy about.

It's been raining here I left the garage, doors and windows open to get the breeze in.

8pm AH walks in the door with the dog. He gets off at 4pm he was drunk and high. He sat in the recliner and went on and on how taking care of his dog is so much work.
Taking him for walks, bathroom, feeding him and giving him attention. (he's interfering with his time fishing and no one will watch him and the dog hair wow)

My response to him was you're a smart man you will figure out what to do.

I asked him what he was doing at the house he said he wanted to see me. 8pm after his daily drugs and alcohol first. At 9:30pm I told him I have things to do and I hope he has a safe drive home. He said "you don't want me to stay?" I politely said no.

As I was cleaning out the garage today low and behold I found beer that was not previously there . Wow not even here 1.5 full hours of him being here.

Something's in him never change, but I did change and better off now.
Old 06-01-2014, 05:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Location: My mind wanders a lot, but I try to stay in the present.
Happy Anniversary ??????

I guess his gift to you was a macabre sort of reminder of what your marriage was like. Maybe, in a weird way, it was a gift. You know what I mean? Like you said, you're better off now. He certainly demonstrated that. Sounds like you handled it well.

(God, I hated finding the bottles. Each one was like a punch to the gut.)
Old 06-01-2014, 05:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Pia

It was a gift alright seeing how much I have grown and him in the same spot.

I feel like I handled it well. . . I didn't care and when he left it didn't bother me one bit.

This is going to be a great summer !!!
Old 06-01-2014, 06:03 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Baby Steps

Not an easy situation I don't know if I could have been that strong but well done for standing your ground. I agree that his arrival at your home was a gift a reminder of what your marriage was and his priorities.

Again brilliant!!
Old 06-01-2014, 06:15 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Pia

I don't believe time heals all wounds. I believe working on me will heal my wounds. but that is just me.

This pain is the worst pain I have ever experienced. So many ups and downs. Days I am strong I work on myself like crazy apply apply apply and days I am down I remember the days I was strong.

I know I am not a bad person the situation is bad. But I have a choice and I choose to save myself.
Old 06-01-2014, 06:50 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Baby Steps

You are very strong and your right only you can heal your wounds. The pain is unbearable but you can get through this. One day at a time
Old 06-01-2014, 06:55 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

What was going on in his head? Coming to you drunk and high, and expecting to stay? Not a hard decision for you.
Old 06-01-2014, 03:57 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Pia

Originally Posted by FeelingGreat View Post
What was going on in his head? Coming to you drunk and high, and expecting to stay? Not a hard decision for you.

welcome to my old world!!

Today I spent the day at my parents house. I had such a nice time going to Lowes and buying plants. I had forgotten how much fun it was to spend time in a healthy environment and enjoy it.
Old 06-01-2014, 04:13 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Radiant View Post
I don't believe time heals all wounds. I believe working on me will heal my wounds.
YES!! I think you are absolutely on the right track, Radiant, and you're making great progress. Kudos to you.
Old 06-03-2014, 03:49 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Pia

Originally Posted by honeypig View Post
YES!! I think you are absolutely on the right track, Radiant, and you're making great progress. Kudos to you.
Thank you honeypig if only I could stay on the track and not deviate because of hormones lol.

It's interesting now that I am more aware of addictions. I find myself around people that I notice are living in chaos. I can see it in there face and the way they carry themselves. Boy I must of looked like a zombie hunchback
Old 06-03-2014, 07:35 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Somehow I doubt you could ever look like a "zombie hunchback" funny as that image is--

I think of you as a lovely woman with an increasing glow of self-empowerment.

That's why your name change has been so appropriate

This is you with your growing glow