Tough weekend but I'm standing tall

Old 05-31-2014, 08:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Tough weekend but I'm standing tall

This is the first weekend that my husband has the girls from Friday night to Sunday and last night was really lonely. My house was really quiet and I was missing my girls - big time. All of my friends were busy so I was home alone. It was a tough evening but still I know this is the right decision for me. I must stand tall and push through this.

He was just here to pick stuff up for the girls and it was a little difficult to look at him but I realize that I am not IN love with him anymore. I feel guilty for hurting him and I am still constantly getting text messages about being heartless and cruel about 15 times a day. I don't even respond to them.

While this is a difficult weekend, I know in my heart that I will never have a 100% fulfilling relationship with him with or with alcohol involved. So for now, I am standing up, brushing the dirt off and moving forward!

Happy Saturday!
Old 05-31-2014, 09:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

It will get easier, I promise. I remember at first how hard it was to let my daughter go to her dad's. I'd sit and watch the clock until it was time for her to come home, then I'd pace around worrying if he was even 3 minutes late. It took a while, but I was finally able to view that time as "me" time. I could relax, take a bubble bath, read a book, go get a haircut, do some shopping or whatever I wanted to do. I knew she was safe with her dad, so I was able to relax and spend some time taking care of ME. You'll get there. (((HUGS)))