Courage To Change: 05/31/14

Old 05-31-2014, 07:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Courage To Change: 05/31/14

Legends have often told of spiritual journeys in which the hero must face great challenges before gaining treasure at the journey’s end. As the heroes of our own stories, we in Al-Anon have also embarked upon a spiritual journey—one of self-discovery. With the help of our program and the support of our fellowship, we explore our hidden motives, secrets, buried memories, and unrecognized talents. As we draw upon the wisdom of Al-Anon’s Steps, principles, and tools, we learn to overcome obstacles to personal growth, such as the effects of alcoholism and a variety of defects of character. We are guided on this journey by a Power greater than ourselves, but the steps we take must be our own. Only by facing the darkness can we receive the treasure—the light and joy of emerging released from all that has held us back.

Today’s Reminder
Self-knowledge is the path to personal freedom. The Steps give me directions and help me to cope with anything I encounter along the way.

“The world cannot be discovered by a journey of miles . . . only by a spiritual journey . . . by which we arrive at the ground at our feet, and learn to be at home.”
Wendell Berry
Old 05-31-2014, 07:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Today, my journey has left me with gravel speckled on my skin. Stretching on the track post run. When I brush it off I see sun spots. I guess I've been around awhile. And today I am just grateful to be here with the birds in the shade.
Old 05-31-2014, 09:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

One of the best books I've ever read on the hero's journey.

The Hero with a Thousand Faces - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia