Al Anon Self Test

Old 08-26-2003, 06:48 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

15 for now...but I know it will go down in the coming months.
Work work work..lol
Old 08-26-2003, 07:05 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Paused

great post JT ! thank you.
may I add a couple more ?
Do you feel that life as you knew it has changed dramaticaly?
Have you put the covers over your head and wished
you didn't have to face another day?
That was me before alanon.
Old 09-25-2003, 08:09 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Paused

14 yes's - I made an appointment to see my doctor tomorrow. I haven't slept a night through since this started a week ago. I'm sitting here eating a bowl of cereal which is the first decent food I've eaten in 4 days and Lord I am angry with her for doing this again. Reading this questionnaire has just made me realize (or perhaps finally believe) that I am not as emotionally strong as I thought I was (at least not in some areas). Maybe this is the first step. Thanks
Old 09-26-2003, 07:35 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

16 yes answers for me. no big surprise there. thanks for posting this.
Old 09-27-2003, 09:33 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I would have had 6 yeses but now they're all nos.

Its not a fair test for me now cause I dont have to deal with him if I dont want to.
Old 11-27-2003, 07:21 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Paused

I'm just starting I had 15 out of 20 yes's I pray that next thanksgiving I will have less BUT right now this minute its seems impossible but I'm going to come back and work to help myself first then well guess we will see about him.

Tilly
Old 11-27-2003, 08:23 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Thank you for bringing this one back up. Even though I seem to have overcome these obstacles and all my yes's have become no's through working this program, looking at that list clearly reminds me of how it was and where I used to be, and it is only through this program and the grace of God that I am not there anymore.

It also reminds me that I need to continue working my program to move forward and not fall back to the way things were on that list.

Hugs
Ann
Old 11-29-2003, 05:58 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I took matchsticks...

while I was reading each of these...considering each while applying each to drink and drug use.. As I ticked each off...yes or no, I took a matchstick and placed it in front of me. I had 11 matchsticks total. I am equally sure that if I stopped and re-read each I would be able to mold it to my life...maybe it's a good thing I am tired tonight....or not. Sonny called to tell me he had a job...this is a first..he has never worked..he was never sober long enough to either get a job or pass a urine test. So I am pleased that he is not drinking.. right now...Who knows about the future...I have given up on trying to second guess SonnyBoy. Thanksgiving was pretty bad for me. I did go to my mothers for a little while..but that didn't feel right. My youngest son went to his dad's until tomorrow night..and with none of the other boys home..I didn't cook...in fact yesterday...I didnt get out of my jammies the whole day...I napped when I wanted..I ate when I wanted...it was kinda nice. But I am looking forward to little man getting home.
Old 12-05-2003, 11:53 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Paused

I think I was able to answer no to only a couple of those. YOu have no idea (well, actually I am sure you do) how much hope it gives me to see things improving. I knew he was A when I met him but I thought I could change him, and as of tonight, I really think I have just about given up hope.
Old 12-06-2003, 04:57 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
They call me Kim

Arrrrrrgggghhhhhhhhh.......

I said yes to 19 of them!

The 20th was a resounding NO! Because I have all of you...~~Hugz~~

On the other hand....I'm off to a meeting this evening....

Hugz~

Kim
Old 12-26-2003, 04:13 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Paused

I had to say yes to 10 of them.

I hope I can reduce that number in the future...
Old 06-21-2004, 07:28 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Paused

WOW out of 20 I had 19 yes's ands only one no due to the fact I stay away from social places.. Have a long time to go I guess
Old 12-06-2004, 06:59 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

I said yes to over half of these questions. This alcohol problem has plagued me for a long time. My son's father was an alcoholic. We separated when my son was 3. He's now 15. I have been with someone else for these past 11 years and he too is an alcoholic. I don't know how I attract these men. I am not a drinker. I don't come from a drinking family. I am so glad I found this website. It seemed like the drinking was just on the weekends but now its also during the week. We get into huge verbal fights with him telling me that I am a controller and that I'm little Miss Perfect and think I can't do anything wrong. He's like two different people. I just can't handle this on my own. It helps me to know that there are other people out there that are going through the same things I am. I have read a lot of the threads and am really trying to not get upset when he drinks. I keep repeating the "act" not "react" to myself. It helps. Thanks.
Old 12-06-2004, 07:38 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Dee at Mt Bully

I still have a lot of yes answers but I'm here and I'm working. That little test got me
to my first alanon meeting sometime last year. It's good to read it again. Feel bad about Your As drinking after 14 years ML. I can't imagine how frustrated I would be. Don't
think I'll find out since my AH isn't doing a program and I suspect he's drinking too.
This is the worst time of the year for As and people with mental health problems.
Thanks to all of the support I think it's going to be a fairly good season for me.
Smiles--Dee
Old 12-06-2004, 08:44 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

I looked at this and realized that a few years ago I would have had 16 yes answers and now I only have 7...I am happy for that. Thank you.
Old 12-09-2004, 04:33 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Ugh!

Okay, I got 16 YIKES!!! And #5. (Do you blame the drinker's behavior on his or her companions?)
Smacked me upside the head.... last night I covered some freinds work hours, and they in turn took the AH out drinking. I was about ready to quit that little side job. Well, thing is they know he has a problem, however, bottom line is it was HIS decision. Back to the top, fantastic post....
Old 10-07-2005, 02:59 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Thank You

I hope this will help me and my son!
Old 11-02-2005, 12:02 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Unhappy Dealing with a Dry Drunk

I am caught up in a relationship with a dry drunk - been going with him for a year and a half. I am 3 yrs. sober and working the AA program, regularly going to meetings, etc. He is 18 years abstinent and claims that I'm only a "baby" in sobriety compared to his many years of not drinking alcohol. However, he has never worked the steps .. has never gone to meetings (except when he was ordered to by the law 18 yrs. ago), never done a 4th & 5th, doesn't ever own up to any of his behaviors - temper tantrums - blaming - name calling - finger pointing, etc. I recognize his behaviors as the same behaviors I exhibited when actively using alcohol ... and they are coming from him towards me - so, in a way, I understand them. And because I understand them, I want to control them!!! Help!!
Old 11-02-2005, 12:05 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Whadahay -

Can you repost and start a new thread so that people don't miss out?

Welcome to SR.
Old 11-02-2005, 12:24 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

The questions sadly descibe my life. Out of the 20 I could only answer 3 of them no. So sad........but I am trying now to save myself thanks to SR. I need to attend Al-Anon but am afraid to go by myself or how my Hubby will react when he finds out that I finally got the courage to do something for myself.