More disappointments

Old 05-19-2014, 04:52 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Pia

Thank you everyone for your kind words. I really mean it I am over flowing with gratitude that you took the time out of your life to read and write me very nice and encouraging words. This means the world to me.
Old 05-20-2014, 03:19 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Radiant - I was exactly the same when I caught my ABF using drugs. He claimed that they were alright because they were legal highs but they're actually worse because you have no idea what is in them and the stuff he was using was strikingly similar to cocaine. You feel a bit of an idiot and naive because you believed what they told you, when in fact, they've been sneaking away doing these drugs. My ABF was always disappearing for a good ten mins or taking longer in the toilet than usual and I never clicked until I caught him with a packet of the stuff at my dad's birthday party. I lost it and told him if he done it again, we were through. As far as I know, he hasn't but that doesn't mean that he won't if given the chance.
Meth is a far stronger drug though and as everyone has said, people can destroy their lives in a matter of months and they'll drag everyone with him. Good for you for getting him out, changing your locks and moving in with your own life. You are a fabulous person and you do not need people like that in your life! Things like fixing household problems are such a big step for us because we know that we can fix it ourselves, we don't need no man to do it for us! Ha ha!
Big hugs to you, brave lady! I wish I had half your courage!
Old 05-20-2014, 04:54 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

You will be just fine! I've learned how to tear plumbing apart n put back together when my AH was not able to because ofhis alcoholism. I would say more but I can't right now. My arm is killing me.
Old 05-20-2014, 01:29 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Pia

Thank you Worried0810 and BoxinRotz- It is a learning process for sure. Too funny you mentioned the toilet I never could understand why he went to the restroom so much lol durhhh, I also use to fuss because he would let me drive his truck durhhhhhhhhh he had the stuff in it. Last few days I was just pissed thinking how naive I am but now I feel as though I will never have to worry about it again.

BoxinRotz- im sorry about your arm did you get the scan?
Old 05-20-2014, 07:31 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

It's just that isn't it? It's little things like that, and it all adds up now. One time, he kept making excuses to go to his car. He had hid it in there. And now, whenever he takes ages in the bathroom, I instantly worry. Well, I used to. Not anymore! It was a bit naive but when you're trying to make a relationship work, you push these little nigglings aside and don't pay attention to them. But it's like you say, you'll never have to worry about him ever again!
Revel in your freedom!
Old 05-20-2014, 07:58 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Radiant, that garbage disposal video part? It actually made me tear up. Dammit, girl, you're doing it. You're amazing. And inspiring.
Old 05-21-2014, 11:18 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Pia

Originally Posted by lillamy View Post
Radiant, that garbage disposal video part? It actually made me tear up. Dammit, girl, you're doing it. You're amazing. And inspiring.

lillamy- shucks you made me blush.