ready to move forward

Old 05-16-2014, 09:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

ready to move forward

ive been in a relationship with an alcoholic for the last 3 years hes gone through jobs ,friends ,in and out of apartments now back to living with his parents and sister and her child. this was literally what happened through out the last 3 years on and off its always everyone else's fault oh and btw his sister in on prescription pain killers and his father is an alcoholic just diagnosed with als (lou gerricks disease). 4 months ago I left walked away said im done your wasting your life 5 days later my boyfriend of 3 years went away got help and was sober for 3 months I fell in love with him again he was so bright and happy . then one night after working with a friend he never came home I thought something happened to him when he finally called that next morning and told me what happened my life unraveled he dreams of me and him having a life and a family together were no longer for the last month ive fought with him back and forth and last week I left his parents house with out any wordsi after seeing him trashed I have not called him or went by its been very hard but im doing this for me he has not called me either.im still unsure of what will happen but I cannot live my life like this im 28 and he is 35 I want a family I need help with letting go
Old 05-16-2014, 09:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hugs and welcome. You're in the right place.
Sounds like quite a ride. Pat yourself on the back for having the courage to step off, because it sounds like he isn't done drinking yet.

Old 05-17-2014, 12:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome JWoods!

You sound very wise and insightful. It sounds like you have made a lot of realizations and removed yourself from a painful situation.

Hugs!
Old 05-17-2014, 01:11 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm sorry to hear what happened. It's sounds to me like you're starting with the right attitude and looking out for yourself first and foremost. The disappointment is harrowing and so hard to deal with.

My only advice is to keep your mind busy on other tasks as it's so easy to wallow and over think things (I could have made it an Olympic sport). Like any wound it takes time to heal. My friend put it best for me "If you cut yourself it hurts sharply to start with but it begins to heal. If you keep picking at it, it won't ever close up and will still hurt. Eventually You'll be left with a scar but you'll soon stop noticing it"

Stay strong xx
Old 05-17-2014, 04:24 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

thank you for your kind words ! im going to stay strong