I'm sick, I'm really sick.

Old 05-19-2014, 01:38 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Hi Amy, I listen to music to calm my emotions also and thought I'd tell you to stop in at the A-Z songtitles thread on here sometime! It's kind of fun and you can post and watch youtube videos that others post and post some yourself. A good way to ease your mind for a while. Hope to see you there sometime. Hope you are feeling better and please know you have a lot of support here. ~Suncatcher
Old 05-19-2014, 04:53 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Hope your day has been better today Amy

Hugs and thinking of you--
Old 05-19-2014, 07:28 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I hope you are well, Amy. Sending hugs and light your way
Old 05-19-2014, 07:54 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
K9 Trainer, Ret. Sys Engr

Amy, I have had PTSD since 1996, it beat me for two years. Then one day I made a choice!
It was not easy, but it can be done. A good therapist or psychiatrist can be helpful.
My PTSD was from an attack by a co-worker, the details are not important, I actually had a personality split. Most don't conquer that but my doc said the reason I did was choice, will and a positive determination.

I know what your going through, hang in and detach emotionally from everyone's negative junk. You can do it!
Old 05-27-2014, 04:22 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

I'm sorry, I took a long vacation from this thread. Some times I think you just need to think, sometimes I think you need help, sometimes I think you need a little of both.. Sometimes I think you need to think of your own family dynamics, sometimes not.

So what am I saying?????

In my case I needed to talk to the family. I made no demands, I made suggestions.

My daughter and I are closer now, and so is my son and I
Old 05-27-2014, 05:01 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

It's so nice to hear that you have some peace with your family.
Old 05-27-2014, 08:26 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Amy, I'm so glad things are more peaceful with your kids.
I've been thinking about you and wondering.
Old 05-27-2014, 08:55 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Amy im so glad to hear this!!!

Hugs!
Old 05-28-2014, 06:53 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

There is a book about PTSD and trauma and how it gets stored in the body, and how to release it that I found so very helpful to me:

In An Unspoken Voice: How the Body Releases Trauma and Restores Goodness by Peter A. Levine, PhD

Very glad that you are working things out with your son and daughter and sending my best wishes to you

ShootingStar1
Old 05-29-2014, 08:39 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Shooting Star, I ordered that book today. I'm pretty good now with the PTSD except for anything having to do with contact, (feelings of abandonment), and making decisions. (lol), oh and I still fly across the room when there is a loud noise, or the phone rings. I still need help with those things.

Update,

I have been in contact almost daily with my daughter since then. I was probably wrong to call her to ask her why she would tell my cousin that I never wanted her, but it was the right time, the right place, and everything just fell into place. It was something that was eating away at her for years. My sister told her that. We have been doing our own healing since that phone call. We are in a much better place right now, and it explains so much to both of us. I am also not angry at my sister. We are also in a much better place right now, even though I never said anything about this to her. I can just understand her better, and that's OK with me.

My daughter rented a gorgeous place, a lighthouse, for the weekend of the wedding. I will be staying there with my 3 children. My son is only staying there the night before the wedding. My 2 daughters will be there the both nights.

My friends, the ones whose son has autism, well my daughter also invited them to stay at the house. I told her that they weren't coming, and explained that they couldn't leave their son with someone else at this time, because they were changing his meds, and he needed to be watched very carefully due to the seizures. My daughter told me that she knows that he was invited, and apologized if the invite didn't show that. I told her to just drop it, but she didn't. She called my son, and then he called me for my friends phone #, so that he could apologize and invite him.

There was also a bit of fighting between my daughter and my son about her supposedly taking over their wedding, but I am not a part of that, I wasn't there, and I will not listen to their views of what happened.

Anyway, it turned out that everything is OK. My daughter and son are just fine now, she was even given back some of the wedding planner duties.

Oh, and my sons best friend and his wife are also staying with us at the house. I just love his friend. He practically lived at my house when he was growing up, and calls me "Mom".

The wedding song, never mentioned it to my son, I did ask my daughter, but that was when she was out of the loop. She told me if they did do the son - mother song, and if her opinion is asked, that she always knew that was my favorite song, and that is what she would have suggested.

When I talked to my son, I made no mention of not being invited to the bridal shower, I just told him that I wanted to get him something, and that I thought I knew what he might like, but it just didn't seem to be appropriate at the time. He talked about these cooking knives for a long time. When we weren't really speaking to each other, this really did not seem to be the best thing to send. But, he really wanted the knives, and so, I got them for him.

Wedding is June 21st. I think that we have been doing a lot of healing already, and I am looking forward to spending time together with them at the house. I think that will be a new beginning for all of us.