Update from me

Old 05-15-2014, 02:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Clean since 1/11/14

Update from me

I wanted to post an update for my SR family.

AH has been out of the house for about a month now I think. Maybe longer. It was a slow move.

The house is so peaceful it's hard to believe.

It has been a very rough month. I had to learn some tough lessons. I ended up having to block him from contacting me in any way. He could not stop bashing and blaming me for his current situation and I couldn't take it. Through this experience I finally get an alcoholics denial. He really did love his addiction more than life. I always believed that he loved me so much and our love would carry us through this. This is not the case. He has lost everything. His job, children (from a previous marriage), wife, house, friends, etc. yet he still does not get that it is HIS drinking that put him in this position. When we were together I always heard how his ex was the problem in his life or his mom or his sisters passing or whatever. Now it's me of course. It could never be him.

I took my wedding ring off today for the first time. Too much has happened. It's all been said and even if he found sobriety, I could never go back.

I am staying clean

Even though my emotions are all over I feel more stable and strong than ever. I am reading, playing music, drawing and doing whatever I want without drunken shenanigans.

Al anon has been great.

Thank you for your support.
Old 05-15-2014, 02:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I hope your life continues on the road to peace and that you keep working on your recovery.

Its difficult to accept that your love isn't enough.
But it's not because there's anything the matter with your love.

And you know that, right?
Old 05-16-2014, 04:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Clean since 1/11/14

Yes, I know that now!

Thanks