How does he have the ability to make me question my sanity?

Old 05-16-2014, 02:00 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Thotful, that was a great post and gave a great perspective from the addict and the non addict who loves the addict. I love my A but had to step away like you mentioned in your post. We have to learn to love ourselves more than we love the addict in order to maintain our sanity. This is a great thread and emotional for some. Dessypete, I'm so sorry for your loss. Asm, you are not crazy. Read the sticky on quacking.
Old 05-16-2014, 02:08 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I'm sorry asm, I thought there was a sticky about quacking. It relates to the things A's say to make us think we are the crazy ones and I thought it might be helpful. If anyone can direct asm to the thread? I would if I knew how. Thanks!
Old 05-16-2014, 05:00 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by asm505 View Post
He said that I am bitter and live in the past by bringing up all his faults. He can't remember things I did because he forgives and forgets.
All this time, I thought those were my ex's alcoholic blackouts. I guess maybe he was just "forgiving and forgetting?"
He also had a really easy time 'letting go of the past.' Now that I think about it, he probably got mad at me bringing things up from the past because he couldn't remember!!

Hugs to everyone dealing with this. It can be really painful.
Old 05-17-2014, 01:22 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

thanks ariel for your post
that was a most heartfelt apology and there is no need as we all make mistakes everyday if we didn't then we wouldn't be human

you have helped me or rather this situation has helped me see i should learn to keep my gob shut at times : )
something i am very good at telling others to do or i can be an expert on everything and know all the answers except when it comes to me having to follow my own words : )
good luck to you and thanks