breakups and progress.

Old 05-11-2014, 09:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

breakups and progress.

I just wanted to update and say that it has been two months since I have seen my now ex abf and I am doing good. Not great, as I do have those low days but I am experiencing happy days now, OFTEN, which is new to me after nearly 4 years of misery.

I got to a point where I realized the times where I missed him were 20% of the time, versus 80% where I am happy and creating things for my future. When I was with him, it was 80% of the time in anxiety and fear and 20% of the time things were going well.

He called me two weeks ago to confirm we are through, and I was loving and said I can't watch him do this to himself anymore... and my only advice to him was to ask for God's help. He was my soulmate. I miss him terribly and sometimes worry about him being dead. I am scared. It is hard. But I am also hopeful and praying for strength that seems to be trickling in. :-) Working a recovery program and allowing myself to feel pain, loss, and fear. All normal. 1 day at a time. Just as scary as it is to experience those emotions, I am also realizing there is an upside to letting go of that person and that I can pray and love him from a distance, because right now he is too toxic to have in my life. I am pushing through it trying to focus on the future and what I want to come into my life.
Old 05-11-2014, 09:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good for you. It sounds as though we are in the exact same place. I have talked with a lawyer and am taking the steps of divorce. I want to be happy and not have his constant ups and downs happening and effecting me all the time
Old 05-12-2014, 03:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

What a wonderful update, bird! Thank you~~!!
Old 05-12-2014, 04:47 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

bird---I am thrilled to hear this update! That you are working a program for yourself is the best news, ever! We never stop learning; never stop growing.

dandylion