Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Friends and Family > Friends and Family of Alcoholics
Reload this Page >

free! The Heart of Abundance: A Simple Guide to Appreciating and Enjoying Life

Old 05-10-2014, 08:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The Heart of Abundance: A Simple Guide to Appreciating and Enjoying Life

This is a collection of quotes and parts of the author's other books. Sometimes that bothers me and I only read a little, but it's one I tend to keep coming back to. Yesterday and today it brought me many good things I needed to hear.

Any free books that you've enjoyed?
Old 05-10-2014, 09:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks!
Old 12-11-2017, 05:18 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Bump!

Still free on Amazon... I love this book.
Old 12-14-2017, 03:02 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

"Encouragement is… inspiring each other to embrace life with enthusiasm, courage, and love."

"You will find as you look back upon your life that the moments when you have really lived are the moments when you have done things in a spirit of love."

"Encouragement is the art of abundance shared and multiplied. It is a way of living that seeks to bless every person we meet. Encouragement looks at what we can be, believes in the best in each of us. Encouragement is love in action. It is taking time to appreciate everyone we meet. When the world and all its pressures take the heart out of us, we need to know that someone cares for and believes in us. And we need to do the same for others. Encouragement means taking time to let God encourage us, to meditate on the small miracles of life. Enthusiasm and courage, love and appreciation, practical acts of mercy and compassion — that's the way of encouragement. The art of encouragement is the art of creating community and celebrating friendship."
Old 12-14-2017, 03:04 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

More from the book:

The Abundant Life Life is not a march, it's a dance!

Sometimes I'll find myself looking at life as if it some big formula that I must solve. In so doing, I turn life into a march when it is meant to be a dance. Life is not neat columns of soldiers marching in lockstep to a prescribed order but an elegant interweaving of free choice and adherence to an ordered, yet changing, pattern. It is couples waltzing round the floor, dresses swirling, toes tapping, hearts singing. It is moving together, then apart, then together again in an exquisite movement that is as natural as breathing in and out. Changing tempo, adjusting steps, learning new intricate combinations of patterns, whirling round the room with joy and lightness and laughter—we dance to the music of life. It’s a social grace, not military order.

Watch trees sway in the wind, or kittens playing, or a brook babbling under a bridge. Listen to the music of life, watch the earth turn through the seasons. Even our very molecules dance with being. Dr. Candace Pert, a neuroscientist who has been in the forefront of biomolecular research says about the receptor molecules of cells, "We like to describe these receptors as 'keyholes,' although that is not altogether a precise term for something that is constantly moving, dancing in a rhythmic, vibratory way."
Old 12-15-2017, 10:31 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

"True abundance is love in action. God in love gives to us. We, in turn, give to others. We can be a part of the chain of love, making a circle of giving that makes its way back around to us in God's good time. We are made for giving and sharing.

True abundance opens its arms to others. Sometimes we get so busy we forget how important being with others can be. Make time in your life for the small joys of giving, sharing, and togetherness."
Old 02-14-2018, 01:01 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

My brain has protected me from trauma too great for me to deal with all at once. My heart is open and healing. My body, my mind, my life are healing.

I am GRATEFUL for the ABUNDANCE of HEALING in my life.