I can finally laugh about it all!

Old 05-08-2014, 10:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I can finally laugh about it all!

This past Sunday I went to a friends house for a Cinco de Mayo party. This friend was a friend I had met while living with my xabf. The party was for the entire condo community and there was a small but very unlikely chance my ex may show up. However, I was not worried.

I have a new job, brand new condo, and boyfriend now. We have been dating for 6 months. He's wonderful, caring, attentive, and treats me wonderfully. He doesn't have any of the problems my sociopathic alcoholic ex has. Hes a mentally and physically healthy guy, who may I add is healthy and successful. Its night and day, there's no comparison. This is the type of person I should have been looking for. My family loves him, even my dad!

What was I thinking?? ... even associating with my ex was a bad choice let alone dating him and thinking we had a future!

Regardless, after the lies, drugs, alcohol, cheating ... numerous amounts of women, stalking me after we broke up ... I had my "ah ha moment" I am finally over it.

To the point ... I saw him at the party and immediately left the event. Just so happened to be driving my new bf's insanely nice car. I guess that tipped him over the edge, XBf saw me and tried to chase me down screaming and calling me unbelievable names, with a vodka bottle in hand, in all the clothes I bought him. I guess his sobriety didn't last long. It appears he was drinking all day (it was only 4 pm). After I left, he punched walls, and was going crazy. I guess he finally realized he lost control of me for good.

I drove away laughing to myself .... typically, I would have been crying and been hurt. Not anymore, not only was I laughing but I thanked god for saving me and removing me from that life and him. What in the hell was I thinking?! He's no prize for anyone.

This board has helped me, I constantly have read everyone's posts for about a year, and somehow it all finally sunk in. I remember thinking I could help and be there for my ex. I laughed when people said to focus on myself. Wow was everyone right! I am realizing my worth and am happy. Even without the new guy (that's just icing on the cake), or if things don't work out with him, I know how healthy relationships are supposed to be now.

My new relationship is totally different, sometimes not as exciting because There's no drama... but to me drama has become boring now... it was always the same story "my ex got drunk and x,y,z happened) every day same thing..

Ill tell you whats truly fascinating, is a stable partner who loves and is there for you unconditionally, ALL the time, and wants to come home to you and only you, EVERY day ... that's fascinating

Thanks again!!
Old 05-08-2014, 11:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good for you lala. That sounds divine! I wish you continued happiness in your new life.
Old 05-08-2014, 11:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yah! Love your success story. It defintely gives me some hope for the future.
Old 05-08-2014, 12:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

What an absolutely inspirational post! You sound so free! It's great to hear how you are within yourself and you sound genuinely so happy! It's a shame that your XBF is still so lost, but that's up to him!

Thank you so much for posting and I hope your future continues as brightly.
Old 05-08-2014, 01:53 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Pia

What a fantastic post. That made me smile from ear to ear.
Old 05-08-2014, 02:49 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Yay for you! It's great to move forward. It makes looking back seem crazy for staying doesn't it?

So glad things are going well and you are happy!