Nervous Day....

Old 05-15-2014, 11:36 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

HE SIGNED, HE SIGNED, HE SIGNED!!!!

This morning my XAH delivered the signed and notorized divorce papers in addition to a signed quit claim deed signing over ownership of our home to me!

HIP HIP HORRAY!!!!

Going to take them to my attorney tomorrow to file, I should be divorced in 30-45 days.

It has been a sad and wild ride of lots of hurts, anxiety, fear, laughter, tears, so many things I cannot even say. But today, I feel free. I don't engage in his issues, I don't let him affect my mood. We will always be tied through our kids, but I don't have to be tied to his addiction. The option was always let go or be dragged. I let myself be dragged for years, but it feels so much better to have LET GO!!!!

Praise God!!!!
Old 05-15-2014, 11:39 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

I am so happy for you and your kids, Hopeful. I know it hasn't been an easy road for you. You deserve all the happiness in the world. Now go get it, girl! xoxo
Old 05-15-2014, 11:48 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Congrats!!!! So happy that you are able to put this behind you without any more drama!!
Old 05-15-2014, 11:53 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

I'm happy it's over and that he signed the papers, and tonight you'll sleep better than last night and tomorrow night better than tonight!
Old 05-15-2014, 11:56 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

I am SO relieved for you!!! And the "same rules need to apply to you" was something AXH did too -- he thought it looked bad if those rules only applied to him. You know, since everyone and their aunt is likely to go demand your divorce agreement from the court and read the details...

I hope he continues to behave. And stay away.
Old 05-15-2014, 12:42 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

I know, right?! Hilarious.

Thanks guys! I hope he continues to behave but I won't bet the bank on that! He won't stay single for long, now I just pray he does not hook up with some lunatic. I could not care less for me, but I don't want some nut around my kids.

The manipulation has already started. He sent me a text that he should not pick up our daughter today, he is too emoational (drunk is more likely). He said he wishes I cared more than him being sober, that we had something special, and to sign it all away rips his heart out.

I responded and said I will always care but the things he has done and said under the influence nearly broke me and that I would never have been able to heal and get over those things together with him in the house. That I tried. I said that addiction has ruined our relationship and that I hope he does not let it do anymore damage in his own life or that of our kids.

Whatever, that conversation is over and I will not let him ruin my day.

Thanks guys for your wonderful support, not sure I would have come this far without you!

XXX

Originally Posted by lillamy View Post
I am SO relieved for you!!! And the "same rules need to apply to you" was something AXH did too -- he thought it looked bad if those rules only applied to him. You know, since everyone and their aunt is likely to go demand your divorce agreement from the court and read the details...

I hope he continues to behave. And stay away.
Old 05-16-2014, 03:12 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Oh. My. God!!! That is fantastic! I am absolutely thrilled for you and good on you for sticking to your guns! Your response to him was brilliant too. Honest and to the point, but not accusatory or harsh! Massive hugs and congratulations to you xxx
Old 05-16-2014, 07:07 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

So happy for you Hopeful. You're free!!!!
Old 05-16-2014, 08:06 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Yah! Yah! Yah! I bet you feel relieved. Emotional but relieved at the same time. Brighter days await you.
Old 05-16-2014, 01:13 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

I am relieved! Delivered them signed and sealed to the attorney today. It's a relief.

Hope everyone has a nice weekend!
Old 05-16-2014, 01:19 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

So glad you are finding a way out of the madness. Have a great weekend!